Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...and to Becca...and to Jared


It's not too many people who celebrate their birthday with a sibling, let alone two siblings. I am one of the lucky few whose birthday has never been about 'me', only 'us.'
Growing up we weren't individuals, we were the Platts. And when we weren't the Platts we were the triplets. "Oh...you're one of the triplets," people would say, and that lasted until we graduated from high school.
Even now on occasion someone will still say, "Now which one are you?" Funny...because we don't look anything alike.
The best question Jared and I were ever asked was this: "Are you identical?" My response: "Yes, yes we are." Their response: "Cool." If you don't understand the humor here, maybe you should do some homework on how identical twins work.
I love 'us'. I love that I have two best friends. I love that no matter where I go, or what I do in my life, I will always have Jared and Becca.
Happy to you Jared and Becca!!!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Ok, how long have I known you and just found out that you had a twin sister but now I see that you are not a twin but a triplet. Wow. I had no idea. Now, I have a lot of questions... if you don't mind. Were your parents expecting triplets (did your mom have an ultrasound)? Were you guys premature? Did your other siblings serve missions? How many other siblings do you have and where do the triplets fit in the Platt family (oldest, youngest or in the middle?) OK, I'll stop with the questions. Just really curious.

Karen said...

Oops, I was so stunned by the news that I forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday and to Becca and Jared. Have a happy day!

Abraham and Sara said...

happy happy birthday!!!

Brynn said...

Happy birthday Noelle! I was going to send a card but that never goes well. Last year I had it on my counter for months. This wish will get to you much quicker. I am back from St George now. Let's get together this week.

Aaron and JaLae said...

Please imagine me singing this in a much better voice than I actually have...

Happy Birthday to YYYOOOOOOUUU!
Happy Birthday to YYYYYOOOOOOOUUUU!
Happy Birthday dear Noelle (and Becca and Jared)...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!

Love ya lady and I hope that your birthday was as great as you are!

Lori said...

wow. please tell me that you were joking when someone asked if you and your brother were identical...

Mashell Lungren said...

A very happy late birthday to you . . . and becca and Jared.

I think you mentioned to me that you were a triplet but just like in the honeysuckle story, it didn't stick.

I always thought I had a twin somewhere in the world but my mom assures me it isn't so. I think it's awesome you have a type of relationship that few ever get to experience.

Feeling Just Right said...

This is TOO much co-incidence! I happily began reading September because 26th September is my big sister's birthday and well, i'm kind of missing her. I LOVE the 27th September part!! :) :)

Happy Birthday in 2008. I know i'm late, but just don't tell me that!

(clapping and very excited)