Friday, December 5, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Meet Gabi. Gabi will be 4 on Sunday. Gabi told me I have to be at her birthday party. Gabi is in love with the idea of being in love. Everything is weddings or boyfriends or something in-between. When asked the very important question of "How do you show Jesus you love him?" Gabi's response was "When you love Jesus you get married." (Her answer graced the front page of the sacrament program.)

A few nights ago I was cuddling with Gabi in front of the fireplace. "Guess who I love," I said to Gabi. She looked up me and said all seriously, "Brian?" (Brian is a friend of mine who Gabi hadn't seen in MONTHS. I think Gabi is in love with Brian.) I laughed and said, "I love YOU Gabi."

Gabi looked frustrated and threw her hands up in the air and said rather loudly and with a tone, "If everybody loves somebody why doesn't anybody EVER get married???"

A very good question my adorable niece, a very good question indeed.

8 comments:

Dominguez Family said...

Greatest post ever!

David G. Woolley said...

What a sage...

David G. Woolley said...

Now where is that sister post you promised. Get with it. I know you guys aren't busy at work. For crying out loud there's snow on the ground and grouchy lady next door can't even see past the snow covered fence. There is zilch to do other than have your sister do her thing.

I'm waiting.

David G. Woolley said...

And one more thing. Why, exactly, does nice matter? Specifically. No quixotic girl answers allowed.

Quixotic Synonyms include: idealistic, unrealistic, romantic, dreamy, impractical

Quixotic Antonyms (there’s only one): Down-to-earth.

So give me your antonym answer. You can sit on your synonym answer.

Dave

Noelle said...

Okay, let me say this first. My sister doesn't work here at the nursery. She's a teacher...a high school spanish teacher. And unlike you and me, she's BUSY. I told her last night to post something to your blog. So just be patient my friend.

And about the other comment, I'll get back to you on that one. I have to come up with a non-synonym answer.

Did you call Claudia? Did you damage your brain any further at the gym?

David G. Woolley said...

My head really hurts today. I have to sleep on my side. I never sleep on my side. I don't know how to sleep on my side. Sleeping on the side makes your arm hurt, your neck hurt, your whole body hurt. I tried sleeping on my face. Thought I was going to suffocate. My head hurts. My arm hurts. I'm suffering from post tramatic suffocation, so yes, the gym hurt my brain even more.

Now tell you Spanish Teaching sister to take a few things off her plate so she can put this on her plate.

Dave

Sandra said...

Dave,
Try a pillow behind your back.

Abraham and Sara said...

very sweet