Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Best of Intentions

Every day I make a list of things I need to do. Today's list was like this:

-Figure out the mess I made with BYU's account
-Find my desk
-Call the dentist and schedule a cleaning
-Take shirt back to mall
-Pick up skirt from alteration place
-Text JaLae
-Email or send card to:

and this is where it gets complicated.

Every day I think of someone I want to say thank you to, or someone I want to say hi to, or someone I want to say "I'm thinking of you" to. And so I write those names down and then, at the end of the day, I realize that I didn't get to the most important part of my list.

I am blessed with the world's greatest friends!!! I wish I could go out to dinner or a movie or just sit and chat with all of them, all of the time. But life gets in the way and I go months without talking to or seeing many of my friends.

So to all of you, wherever you are, whatever you're doing: thank you, hi and I'm thinking of you, and so much more!

(PS. If you want to read something that will make you say "Awww" and then sigh, go to http://www.theenglishbee.com/ and click on "The Blog" and read the blog about a girl's laugh. Leave a comment. The author will like that.)

17 comments:

David G. Woolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David G. Woolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Oh good...I'm not the only one who doesn't get through her lists! I feel much better now...

I think that my EBFF Mr. Woolley missed the English Bee's point. Moral of the story: Make a girl laugh. We like it... and you will too.

David G. Woolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mashell Lungren said...

Hey, my list looks just like yours! The tab at the bottom of this page is for my Guatemala journaling I am currently trying to complete. Of course, It makes me think of you and then the thought, "I should send her a card". So, know that I am thinking of you and wish we could go to lunch and catch up.

Dominguez Family said...

I completely disagree with Mr. Woolley's comment about being good and being arrogant. It's important to tell yourself you are good so you can be good. It's also important to tell someone they are good as well as do good things for someone. When someone says "Thank you" or " you did really good" it makes me feel like I am loved and I accomplished something. I'm sure there are those that are arrogant when they say they are good, and that is unfortunate. Perhaps a good ol' fashioned lesson in humilty is due. But that is just my two cents. btw, I am good! ;-)

David G. Woolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noelle said...

Okay...it's Mrs. Dominguez...and the point of this post was that I have great friends,and I'm grateful for that. The end.

Manda said...

Wow. I thought that was the sweetest thing I've ever read. And Woolley...shh! Don't ruin the moment :p Be nice to others. That is the theme of the blog is it not?
He wasn't tooting his own horn. It's healthy to admit when you're good at something...that doesn't mean you're gloating. I can admit that I'm good at being a dork :) See? That's healthy. And on a typical basis I'm good at making people laugh. Healthy, happy people make a health, happy mind. End of story.

David G. Woolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lvs2dance said...

hey we have to get credit for good intentions...right?

Dominguez Family said...

Mr. Woolley... You make the silliest arguements I have ever read. Please keep them coming. I enjoy the laugh.

Thanks
Kimberly

Manda said...

...I really hope my comment didn't make Mr. Woolley mad or offend him...I didn't meant it like that honest!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

So sad to see that Mr. Woolley deleted his comments. I didn't get to see them...and also enjoy the laughs.

Repost Woolley...REPOST!

David G. Woolley said...

Is a repost like a left over roast?

KT said...

I wanna read Dave's comments too. What's the deal, Dave? Since when did you start editing yourself?

Noelle, great post! I love lists.

Reed said...

How do I get on your list?