Friday, January 30, 2009

In Honor of the Super Bowl

Once I had a mission companion from Albania. She was nice but a little high strung and a little crazy. Maybe more than a little crazy, but she brought great entertainment value to our twosome.

She had a high pitched voice and to this day when I say hello or goodbye in Albanian, I automatically say them in the same high voice.

I convinced my dear companion that the Super Bowl was actually called the Super Spoon. The memory of how I accomplished this is a bit fuzzy now, but trust me, it happened.

The crowning moment was when she said to the elders in our zone (read this with the highest pitch you can get...it will help make it more real) : "Elders, who's playing in the Super Spoon?"

I sat in the corner trying not to laugh, while the elders just looked at her with a collective look of "WHAT?" Well, there was that one elder who knew me all too well. He didn't have the "WHAT?" look on his face. His look was more "Seriously Platt? You would stoop to that level?"

Yes, yes I would.

Go team!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

That's pretty funny. One of my companions was from Chile and the elders always teased her asking her if she had running water, a flushable toilet and if they sold coca-cola in Chile. She was not amused!

Noelle said...

Mendoza?

Manda said...

Lol. I always love hearing that story.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

You gotta miss Kadi.

trublubyu said...

i am so glad you stopped by my blog. and i can't wait to hear the stories you have of my husband. from other things i have heard of him in high school, i am pretty glad i met him after his hs days.

i enjoyed the bits i read on your blog.