Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Once Upon A Time...

I lived in Mexico


With this amazing family


I made a lot of friends

They were all veterinarians

They worked with goats and sheep

They wanted me to be involved with their work

I learned how to give the best 'Caring For Your Sick Goats' speech in Spanish

One day a friend said, "Want to be a veterinarian too?"

I said, "No thanks, I don't think so."

The friend said, "What, are you chicken?"

I said, "Maybe, would you like me more if I was?" (he was a vet after all)

He talked me into it

So then I became a veterinarian



My career didn't last long

I didn't have the right clothes

Or the right shoes

Or any desire whatsoever to help with the breeding process

But the goats...

They lived happily ever after

(I pulled this from the archives...hope you don't mind. Tomorrow I'll write a new post, promise!)

6 comments:

Brynn said...

That kind of looks like "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe. I'm glad you quit that job.

reedless said...

I thought veterinarians only ate fruits and vegetables.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

And the laughs just keep coming...

David G. Woolley said...

Very funny. What's next?

David G. Woolley said...

Okay Noelle, we all know you don't like touching animals. Look at how you're sticking your hand out for the goat, but you pulling your head back and resisting the urge to look away. No matter how many vet friends you have, you'll never be one. Never. Stick with plants. And mud. And counting trees. Animals aren't your thing.

Also in other news. I know I can't trust you now. Ever.

OzzyFamily said...

Hey - this has nothing to do with your post but I forgot to tell you how much I love your engagement photos you posted. You two sure look adorable. When is the big day. I'm sure you probably posted it at some point but it seems I don't get on the computer as often as I use to. I"m so happy for you!