Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Lunch Time Humor

Once in a while we order lunch from The Pizza Factory. Because I'm lazy, I pay an extra dollar to have them deliver it. The Pizza Factory is almost literally a hop, skip, and a jump away from the nursery. If you hit the one light green it takes less than a minute to get from point A to point B. We're a half a block away from each other, on the same street. Do you get how close we are?

We had The Pizza Factory deliver lunch today. Along with lunch came the receipt. Along with the receipt came the driving directions:

Depart The Pizza Factory on W 400 N (West)
Turn RIGHT (North-West) onto US-89 (N State St)
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89 (E State Rd)
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Bear LEFT (North-West) onto US-89 (E Main St)
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Turn RIGHT (North) onto US-89 (W State Rd)
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
At 535 N State St, stay on US-89 (W State St) (South-East)
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Turn LEFT (East) onto US-89 (W Main St)
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Bear RIGHT (South) onto US-89 (E State Rd)
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Keep STRAIGHT onto US-89
Turn LEFT (East) onto W 400 N
Arrive The Pizza Factory

My driving directions would have been much simpler:

Just run this food across the street.
If you can't figure out how to get back, you need to look for a new job.

9 comments:

Sandra said...

As I started reading the driving directions, I was thinking there were WAY too many left turns to get from them to you. Even I could give them clear directions to your place- without my GPS.

Kristie said...

Funny!
I'm now a follower & will always call you & not Pizza Factory for directions.

Amy said...

Let's talk about where these directions came from. Perhaps a printout? From a super-spy GPS system? One that gives a new direction at each new latitude/longitude degree? I want that GPS. Maybe then I could come to Lindon more often.....maybe then I would know about your sister's secret boyfriend BEFORE you blog it......

Noelle said...

Okay, okay...perhaps there was a slight exaggeration about the sister's boyfriend. Unless...Amanda, IS he your boyfriend yet?

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Ha Ha Ha!

David G. Woolley said...

Isn't Pizza Factory on a corner. Across which street? Which direction? Just wondering where I have to go to get plants. And find a clean office.

Manda said...

Lol. I said one day I might hack into your blog and post about it...still might do that. Beyond that...well... :) I'm just going to smile and say he's not my official "boyfriend" yet.

Amy said...

Whatever keeps you smilin' Platt. Call him what you want. :)

Manda said...

Haha. Thanks Fugal. I'm glad I have your permission!