Thursday, March 19, 2009

On A Thursday Night...


This is a heat vent cover.


My dad has broken this heat vent cover THREE times. (Obviously not this exact one.)

He leans back in his chair, even when my mom says "Ed, DON'T lean back in that chair!"
(Dad only sits in one chair. And if you're sitting in his chair...move it or lose it.)

When he leans back just right, the leg of his chair goes right through the vent cover and we laugh. A lot. Because it serves him right really.

And then my brother-in-law goes to Home Depot and buys another vent cover.

We're not sure why Dad doesn't go to Home Depot.

Tonight my sisters and mom and I were just hanging out in the kitchen.

We were getting all the latest gossip about our baby sister's boyfriend.
(She's going to die when she reads this sentence.)

Dad walked in the door from a very productive meeting (it wasn't really but he's trying to have a good attitude) and the baby sister (who really isn't such a baby) said :

"Dear Dad, please stop breaking the heat vents. I almost died today."

Ha ha ha.

I wonder if that's what we'll all get if we sit in Dad's special chair.

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I have the same exact problem with one heat vent in my kitchen. There is a reason I never sit in that chair.
I make multiple trips to Home Depot for new ones. Maybe we should start buying more than one at a time, then we will always be ready.

Manda said...

Oh my gosh I'm going to kill you...JUST in case you were wondering...
Too bad this still made me laugh...but I'm not going to let it show gosh darnit!!!

Amy said...

Can you fill the rest of us in on her boyfriend? Because she doesn't have a blog (lame sauce!) to fill us in herself....

:)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

So.....what's the latest gossip on baby sister's boyfriend?

Manda said...

No gossip whatsoever on baby sister's boyfriend...none at all. No existe.

Tiff said...

I would fill you in on the gossip....BUT she is taller and stronger than me, and therefore she could kill me! Sorry....

:)

Manda said...

Maybe one day I'll hack into Noelle's blog and leave a blog giving the juicy details...maybe. We shall see.

But I've noticed that blogs about me tend to make her comments die and I wouldn't want that to happen...so we shall see.