Monday, March 23, 2009

The Way It Is At Work

I have a desk and an office.

My brother has a desk and an office.

I try to keep my desk and office clean.

My brother tries less to keep his desk and office clean.

I have great pictures on my walls.

My brother has okay pictures on his walls.

I have cool pottery from Brazil, Mexico, and Guatemala in my office.

My brother has a tree's root system, branches broken off another tree, and hats in his office.

I have two extra chairs in my office.

My brother has two extra chairs in his office.

I meet with my sales people in my office.

My brother meets with his sales people in MY office.

Can you explain that to me?

I talk to my sales people.

My brother talks and talks and talks and talks and talks to his sales people.

I take 5 - 10 minutes with my sales people.

My brother takes 5 - 10 hours with his sales people.

I have a computer.

My brother has a computer.

I am using my brother's computer because at the moment he's talking and talking to his sales people...in MY office.

Again, can you explain this to me?

I'm going to go now and try to hack into his secret files...I have nothing else to do.

10 comments:

Manda said...

Lol. Maybe you should put something in your office to make him not want to ever come in...like...well I'll think about it and let you know.

David G. Woolley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David G. Woolley said...

So what did you find in his secret files? A plot to take over the government? You can have it. Its already banrupt. Who in their right or left minds would want something that owes China twenty trillions dollars and prints Monopoly money?

If I worked at a plant shop, my office would be full of cool plants. I'd grow a cherry tree right beside my desk. Some ivy up the walls. Lots of flowers. And a vegetable section with upside down tomoatoes and chiles and peppers and potatoes and lots of growy, cool stuff like, I don't know, basil or parsley. How come you guys don't take adavantage?

Jared said...

Dave, Noelle actually tried this at one point but she got in trouble with the kind of "weeds" she was trying to grow.

Amy said...

I think you should offer to redecorate his office - it seems that the problem lies not in the fact that YOUR office is so appealing but that HIS office is so un-appealing. Maybe if you got rid of dirty sweaty hats and put something cool in there instead, (like a flat screen tv) he'd never leave his office.....thereby solving your problem.

Just sayin'. :)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

This is exactly why God gave us brothers....

David G. Woolley said...

Ok. I get it, Jared. The reason Noelle works behind the desk is because her green thumb is black. That's really too bad for a woman who is in the industry. What'cha gonna kill next Noelle?

And who is Jared?

Manda said...

Jared is one of our hermanos...the older one to be exact.

David G. Woolley said...

I think Amy watches too much Glen Beck.

"Just sayin..."

Amy said...

I don't really know who Glen Beck is.....but from the sounds of it, I'd like to watch! Thanks Wool. We're friends, I can call you that, right?