Friday, March 27, 2009

Welcome, to my friend Lewie

My friend Lewie sent me the following email: (I told her I would post it word for word)

* * * * * * * *

If I had a blog, this is what I would write about today...

Why do people feel the need to talk on their cell phones in a public bathroom?

As the person in the next stall, it makes me want to flush 5 or 6 times just to make the person on the other end of the call wonder what is going on.

What'd ya say "excuse me while I flush?"

Or do you mute while it's not your turn to talk?

I don't get it.

Finish your business & then call them back!

Plus, it's disgusting!

Sheesh!

* * * * * * * *

There you go Lewie...thanks for that great post!

But while we're on the subject, let me say this:

Want to know what I think is worse than talking on your phone in the bathroom? It's taking food with you into the bathroom...especially a public bathroom.

Last weekend I went to a movie with my sisters. The local theatre was giving out ginormous buckets for free. And for the entire year you can take this ginormous bucket with you to the movie and get a refill of popcorn for only a dollar! Who could resist such an offer?

But must you carry that ginormous bucket full of popcorn with you INTO the bathroom, and then worse, INTO the stall? Disgusting, as Lewie would say.

I get it...maybe...if you are all alone at the movie theatre and there is no one to hold the popcorn for you. But most people in the world go to the movie with someone. How bout you get that someone to hold the popcorn bucket for you...

I would sleep better at night if you did!

Anyone else have a pressing issue they would like to post on my blog?

3 comments:

Amy said...

OK today is just a public restroom soundoff - are we all spending WAY too much time indoors because of this weather? Or is it something else? :)

Sandra said...

And I won't go into the number of things I have seen students doing in the school bathrooms- laying on the floor, eating lunch on the floor... Oops, I said I wouldn't go into them.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Now you understand why I have a phobia of public restrooms.