Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Faith of a Child


Yesterday as my sister was getting ready for work she said to her girls, "Dress warmly. It's going to be a cold day."

The girls said that they would.

My sister said, "Even though it's going to be a cold day we need to have a good day at the nursery."

The girls wanted to know why the nursery needed a good day.

"We need people to buy plants, so that we can buy food," my sister explained.
"Maybe you can pray to Heavenly Father and ask him to have the rain wait until tomorrow."

Rain on a Saturday is NOT a good thing for a nursery in the Spring.

Erika and Gabi immediately went to their bedroom and knelt down by their beds.

A few minutes later they came back and informed their mom that they had said a prayer about the rain.

Erika asked, "Mom, when is Easter?"

"Tomorrow."

And then Erika and Gabi started to talk excitedly about the Easter egg hunt of last year, and how they hoped the one this year would be just as great.

"We might have to hide the eggs inside this year," my sister said.

"WHY?"

"Well, you just prayed that the rain would wait until tomorrow."

Gabi turned around and disappeared.

When she reappeared my sister asked, "Where were you?"

"I was praying again. I told Heavenly Father that it was okay if it rained today. We don't want it to rain during our Easter egg hunt."

I'm looking out the window, and I'm seeing brightly colored eggs hidden all over the back yard.

Rain on a Saturday is not such a big deal...not when little girls' prayers are answered.

1 comment:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Could you please have them pray that my camera is found in Disneyland?