Thursday, May 28, 2009

Things That Smell

You've all figured out by now that I like the outdoors right? I prefer being outside to inside almost all of the time. Someday I want a cabin in the woods - without bears.

A few nights ago I was walking along the Provo River trail and was noticing all of the different scents. It had just rained and so the smell of rain was still in the air. Doesn't rain smell lovely? I think it does.

The chokecherries are in bloom and their scent is mildly sweet. The dogwoods are in bloom and they smell like a dirty diaper. What...they do...really. Regardless, it added to the overall experience.

I LOVE the smell of fir trees. I like to grab a handful of needles and rub them between my fingers. The scent lasts a long time...it's delightful.

The river has a scent too...but how do you describe the smell of water?

So - there I was walking along, smelling all of these scents, when out of nowhere a new scent appeared.

Marijuana...yep, that's what I smelled. Don't tell anyone ... but I actually kind of like the smell...

HOWEVER I don't like that smell in the mountains, only in Brooklyn, where the smell makes me feel right at home.

But since I'm not in Brooklyn, and since 'one of these smells was not like the other', it kind of ruined the walk for a bit...until I got past the secret hideout.

That's all I have to say about that.

4 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

That totally cracked me up. Brooklyn. Home sweet home.

Manda said...

Lol. That's funny. You should have asked for some ;)

Rachel said...

I walked by a dead cat this morning. There's nothing like the smell of rotting flesh. Blah!!!

Kristie said...

Hee hee! You should've asked if they had any empty dimebags for you!