Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bathrobes

I didn't think I was going to come up with anything to say today. Lucky for you I was wrong.

There I was, minding my own never mind at the bank. I couldn't figure out why so many bank employees were at the drive-up window, nor could I figure out why they all seemed to be in such a good mood.

Even Sharon, who works at a desk at the other end of the bank, was standing at the drive-up window. She waved at me and said through the speaker, "Hi Noelle." I said hi back but I'll be honest, I thought her smile looked suspicious. Like she knew something I didn't know.

Matt came back to the window and when he had the same suspicious smile I knew I was missing something important.

That something important came in the form of the woman next to me...she was in the stall closest to the window. There she was, minding her own never mind...in her bathrobe. Her bathrobe that wasn't exactly modest...her bathrobe that covered far too little...her bathrobe that was old and ratty...did you get that people? HER BATHROBE!!! I only got a side view but I'm pretty sure there were no pajamas under that bathrobe, not the way my bank friends were acting...and they would know because they had the best view!

You would have been proud of them - I was. If you didn't know them like I do, you might not have guessed that they were doing really well at keeping it all in...until the lady drove away.

The minute she was out of hearing range I pressed the 'speak to teller' button but then I couldn't speak because I was laughing too hard...so was Jamie, the teller.

Jamie said, "I'm sorry you had to see that." I said, "I'm more sorry that poor little Matt had to see that."

The things people do...

4 comments:

Platt Lucky 7 said...

My...oh....my......

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Wherever you are....be there!

Tia said...

I think I have no response to that...

Nelly said...

I really don;t know what to say.....