Monday, June 8, 2009

Boo

This weekend I was hanging out with some friends. The dentist and his friend Rodger were getting ready to run the Squaw Peak 50 mile race. Yes, they're nuts. (Secretly, when I see the girls cross the finish line, I want to be one of them. But as I ran up a SMALL portion of a trail tonight I realized that it's never going to happen.)

Anyway...as I was watching them get ready I was also watching a show with Rodger's son. It was some cable channel and it was about ghosts. Three brave, tough men were going to spend the night in a very haunted house and see if they could get the ghosts to come out.

It was dumb...I rolled my eyes and said, "Whatever"... a lot. I'm not sure if they caught the ghosts because I lost interest. I was more fascinated with the amount of toilet paper Rodger was taking...it was basically two squares. What good is two squares really?

Sorry, I get off track rather easily.

I forgot all about the ghost show until I got to work today. As I was sitting at the computer being productive I heard a sound. It was a weird creaky, moaning sound that I hear once in a while...usually when it's about to storm. When I heard it I thought, "Hmmm...maybe there is something to the ghost show.

If you happen to come to work and see three brave, tough men it won't be my brothers and my cousin. It will be the ghost hunters doing their thing.


* * * * * *

I just wrote the title and it made me think of something else. Yesterday in Relief Society we sang a strange song...one in a minor key, and it made my sister-in-law think of Halloween. She told me so. During the second verse she leaned over and said, "Boo" and then I was laughing too hard to finish the song.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

ok,now I want to know what the song was. We sang 2 in RS yesterday that I have never ever sung before.