Saturday, June 27, 2009

Follow Up

Okay... I think I need to explain something. Wanting to plant a sub-alpine fir tree in your house is like ..... I have to come up with something really good here. It's like wanting to keep a whale in your swimming pool, it's like wanting to have an igloo in Arizona...

And I very patiently told my customer that if she wanted to plant a tropical tree in her house she would have much better success. I even gave her the name of a few tropical trees that would look similar to a sub-alpine fir.

I'm all for plants in your house...really I am! Just not a sub-alpine fir or a colorado spruce.

Phew...glad I got that out of the way.

And now friends...I'm off to Goblin Valley. Don't ask where we're going to camp because I know not. Don't ask what we're going to eat because I don't know that either. All I know is my brother said to his wife and me: "We're going to Goblin Valley." And we said, "Where you go we will follow." (But please brother/husband, can you tell us if there might be bathrooms?)

Goblin Valley is just a stop on the way to our destination spot of Bluff. What's in Bluff you might ask. Well at least I think you'll ask that because that's what I've been asking all week.

Bluff...Bluff...Bluff...it was a place where pioneers settled once. And some of those pioneers were my relatives. And now we're going to build a cabin. A cabin raising if you will. With a whole bunch of people I don't know. I'll get more educated while I'm gone and fill you in when I get back...if I come back. I hear it's hot in Bluff. I don't do hot very well.

Think of me while you're in your air conditioned ... whatevers... and I'll see you in a few days.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm.....air conditioning.

Have fun!

Also - you never answered my question - what about my lily?

Noelle said...

Dear Miss Amy,

What kind of lily is it? My answer will depend on your answer.

Amy said...

The kind you buy in Smith's grocery store before Easter because it's calling your name and you don't live close enough to the only true Nursery in the state. :)

(or....I have no idea)

Noelle said...

Dear Amy...

If I were you I would probably just throw it away. Shhh... don't tell anyone I said that. But that's what I would do.