Friday, June 19, 2009

Salsa

Another customer brought me a gift...a bottle of his homemade salsa. I think I'll keep these customers around. The salsa is good...but I have to be honest, no one makes salsa like the dentist makes salsa.

A few weeks ago I sent the dentist a text. It said this: "At some point I'm going to NEED some salsa." I didn't say when, or how much, or anything demanding...

He came up to run his insane 50 mile race through the mountains...and he made me salsa. I think I'll keep him around too.

If you don't love cilantro you might only like his salsa, but if you are a cilantro fan you won't want to eat anything else.

Before you ask, I helped make the salsa. I pulled all the cilantro leaves off the stems and I cut it up into tiny pieces. I left the onion peeling and chopping to the dentist. I attempted to help him slice the million roma tomatoes that he used, but I could NOT slice them as thin as he did, and finally gave up in defeat. I did however cheer him on and compliment him a lot on his culinary skills. That's got to count for something.

I've had chips and salsa for dinner nearly every night since...but now I'm out of chips. I'm almost out of salsa...oh wait, there is that bottle from the competition...

Dear Dentist, I'm almost out of salsa.

* * * * *

In other news, I no longer have an office mouse running around. I will spare you the details...trust me, you don't want them. Just know that my brother managed to take care of the mouse and I can put my feet back on the floor.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

How to chop an onion:
http://sandrascookingcorner.blogspot.com/2008/08/lets-chop-onion.html

I wonder how close the dentit's salsa is to my Pico de Gallo? I could eat that and chips all day long.

Jared said...

Noelle, I have the chips but I need some salsa. I'd love to try some of the stuff from the dentist.

p.s.
It could be the payment for taking care of the mouse.

Dominguez Family said...

Who doesn't like cilantro!!

Manda said...

I actually used to not like Cilantro...the smell of it was like...bleh! But now I actually kinda like it :)