Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thankemony

I'd be remiss if I didn't stop to thank a few people...and things: (who uses the word remiss???)

I'd like to thank the forest ranger who stopped me on the trail last night to point out the rattle snake that was curled up waiting for his dinner. "He's waiting for a chipmunk," said the ranger. Good thing I look nothing like a chipmunk. However, whenever I saw a chipmunk after that I said, "Run the other way little friend!" I hope they listened!

I'd like to thank my taste buds who are much more in tune with mold than my eyes are. All it took was one bite of my sandwich at lunch for my taste buds to scream, "Mold, mold!" Thanks guys, I appreciate your concern.

I'd like to thank the HOA for NEVER taking care of business. This year I don't mind so much the dead trees that line our parking lot or the dead bushes that grace my friend's front porch. Because if the HOA actually cared, they would probably make Becca take down the bracket she drilled into our house to hang our hanging basket. I'm pretty sure there is a rule somewhere that says we can't hang anything on the outside of our house. But as it is, I have ammunition: "Mr. HOA President, if you don't replace our dead trees, and our porch that is falling away from the foundation, I won't remove this tiny little bracket that only adds beauty to your street of townhomes." So there.

I'd like to thank you all in advance for going out and buying Crocs so that my brother won't keep blaming me for his stock gone bad. All I did was say I like my Crocs. I didn't tell him to rush right out and buy stock in the company for heaven's sake.

I'd like to thank Bruce Maw. WHAT??? You don't know Bruce Maw? He is the landscape architect for BYU. He keeps me busy for days on end looking for and ordering and taking care of his massive plant lists...AND he calls me about 5 times a day, and puts me on conference calls with his clients and asks for my opinion on everything...twice. And without him I'd have nothing else to do (she says as she rolls her eyes).

And finally, I'd like to thank Nabisco for making Ritz Crackers...and God for making sugar snap peas. Without them I'd starve.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I'm just glad you didn't save that for Fast and Testimony meeting. :)

Kristie said...

Thanks for mentioning my dead bushes. I'd like to thank YOU for hating them as much as I do!
Also, amen to the sugar snap peas.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Is that how you stay so skinny? Ritz crackers and sugar snap peas?!

Forget Crocs - I'm going to rush out and buy stock in those companies!

Manda said...

Lol. I keep gatorade in buisness I'm sure...