Thursday, July 9, 2009

Brooms

I made a big decision today.

Not as big a decision as my friend Tia made, but a big one for me.

I decided to sweep the office floor.

We have a broom thief among us though, and after a nursery-wide search for a broom I came up empty-handed.

I went to the store and bought two brooms. I'm going to hide one in a spot only I know about. That should guarantee success in future sweeping endeavors.

While I was swiping my credit card through the swiper a second cashier approached and leaned in to whisper to the cashier who was helping me.

"Did you charge her for the two brooms she has?" And this was said as if she were trying to keep some big secret. Never mind the fact that I was standing 8 " away from her and could hear her clearly.

My cashier just looked at her like she was nuts and said, "Yeah."

The suspicious cashier looked at me as if I were guilty of something and then walked away.

I'm trying something new. I'm keeping my mouth shut in such situations. It's safer I think.

I was proud of myself. I pretended not to hear her, collected my brooms, and left the store...and I didn't say a word.

But seriously? Do I look like a person who would steal a broom?

Wait...do I look like a person who would steal two brooms?

4 comments:

Dominguez Family said...

One broom no, but two brooms? Knowing how you like to be sure you dot your i's and cross your t's, I'm not sure what to think.

Amy said...

:) Is it a crime to buy 2 brooms?

If you DID look like the kind of person who would try to steal a broom or two, would you do it by walking through the checkout stand with both of them in your hand? If you were gonna steal a broom, wouldn't you stick them down the back of your shirt or something? And NOT walk through the checkout line? Just sayin'....

Manda said...

I don't know...I heard you talking in your sleep the other night about your desire to steal something...and knowing as how you needed brooms....I saw that look in your eye...I know you wanted to!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Why don't you bring your broom
over to my house.

You're a better person than me because I would have made some comment about letting her borrow one to fly away on....