Thursday, July 23, 2009

It Is What It Is

You know how life sometimes throws you a curve ball?

I've been thrown about 12 in the last couple of weeks and I'm still trying to survive the aftermath.

I'll be fine because really there is no other option. But in the mean time...I'm capable of shedding more tears than I ever thought possible!

Want to know a small part of what makes me so emotional?

It's the 12 mosquito bites I have on my ankles. It's the fact that I can be standing outside with anyone else, for the same amount of time, and I'll get eaten alive and the other person might get one bite.

I was outside the other night for 3 minutes. I was sitting on the porch talking on the phone. The next morning I counted 12 bites on my ankles, and one on my cheek.

Scratch them or not, they turn big and red and then purple and then they scar for a few months.

Who wouldn't cry over that?

Well...maybe a lot of you wouldn't.

Last night I sat on a rock somewhere on the backside of Timp looking up at the peak. The words of a new song by Miley Cyrus (don't mock) were rolling through my mind:

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

I think it's a good thing I like climbing mountains.

4 comments:

Tia said...

You're gonna be okay! I love you!!

Sandra said...

Awww, Noelle. I'm sorry

(I like that song, btw)

Brynn said...

Hey, give me a call and give me an update. Sorry things are crappy right now. Things will get better.

Amy said...

It's only been a week since you actually posted this, but i hope it's better already. Also mosquitos hate me too....maybe I should go out with you just to make you feel better.....