Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just Call Me The Good Samaritan

I went to a local smoothie shop to get lunch today. They make a pretty good salad.

I was standing in line when the cashier squealed and said, "Oh no! I'm out of register paper and I don't know how to fix it!"

She asked her co-worker...who didn't know how to fix it either.

And then the cashier just stood there and whimpered a bit and said, "I don't know what to do."

She pulled up some paper from beneath the counter and asked those of us standing in line, "Do you think this is the right paper?"

I nodded and then said, "Would you like me to put it in the register for you?"

"OH...would you??!!"

So I walked behind the counter and fixed the cash register. When I finished I said to the cashier, "Did you see how to do it?"

"I think so...thanks so much! You rescued me! I'll give you a free cookie!"

I ordered my salad and my smoothie and walked out the door...without the cookie.

Guess she forgot.

2 comments:

Tia said...

You're my hero!!!!

Amy said...

Which smoothie shop? I want one....but I know nothing of receipt paper.....