Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pressure...and stuff

A few minutes ago I was walking down the sidewalk and a bird flew by and dropped half an egg shell at my feet. Is that a sign of something?

I'd like you to know...all of you who read my blog...and I'm beginning to wonder if there are more of you than I thought...that you make me nervous.

There, I said it.

Are you wondering why you make me nervous?

It's because of comments like this:

"I am a blog sniper and yours keeps me laughing while I'm on the road. Thanks for the distraction..." :)

The pressure I feel to say something funny is too much...because guess what, I'm not a funny person. And what if one day I write a non-funny post and you all say, "WHAT? She didn't make me laugh today...I will go elsewhere for my blog entertainment."

WHAT IF THAT HAPPENS?

Hmmm...I just got to thinking...maybe there are a lot less of you who read my blog than I think. (You see I wouldn't know really, because the comment box stays mostly empty, and the followers box hasn't had any new friends join for a while...sigh.)

BUT...if I tell myself that no one but my nearest and dearest read my blog...

Yep, that's what I'm going to tell myself. That way I won't feel the pressure...because if you're my nearest and dearest, you already know I'm not funny.

(And then I take a deep breath, and remind myself to relax)

Thanks for letting me get that out of my system.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm counting myself in the nearest and dearest clan because I don't wanna go away. Is that OK?

Also, wanna know what will make you obsess MORE about the whole thing? A feed burner(I recommend google's feedburner.com). It will tell you how many subscribers you have and how many hits you have on your blog each day....you will OBSESS I tell you.

Just sayin'.

Platt Lucky 7 said...

I like to consider myself a nearest and dearest as well. I will be there for you even if you aren't funny. :)