Saturday, August 22, 2009

On Being A Niece

Sometimes I like to hang out with my uncles.

Does that make me a nerd?

Sometimes we go to movies together...just me and two of my uncles. One has grandchildren, one isn't married.

Today I stopped by to visit one of my uncles at his place of employment. I took him lunch.

We visited for a while.

We did our best to solve the world's problems.

He helped some customers.

When the customers were about to leave he said this: "Isn't my niece charming and beautiful?"

They agreed. (They wouldn't dare do anything but agree; my uncle is big.)

He continued, "Don't you know someone who can date my niece?"

They didn't. Their only single son is too young.

And while they continued to discuss yours truly, I sat in the corner and squirmed.

See if I take him lunch again.

PS... You have one more day to tell me why YOU should get the chocolate chip cookies...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's nice to have a good uncle in your corner. I think you should give the cookies to the uncle who said you were charming and beautiful and was trying to score you a date. Very sweet.

Amy said...

On one hand....you gotta love that your uncle thinks the world of you, but why bring up the "won't you date my lovely niece" conversation in front of you? Everybody knows that's a conversation you have BEHIND a person's back. Geez.