Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yawn

I was awake at 4:00 this morning. Not because I woke up but because I never fell asleep.

At 12:30 I started a new book. I bought 5 yesterday. Yes 5. If I'm not going to sleep I might as well read.

The problem with not sleeping - well, besides being tired the whole day - is that I can't nap either. On any given Sunday afternoon you can come into my mom's house and find someone asleep in every room ... okay, maybe not the bathroom ... and then you'll find me... wide awake.

Sad isn't it?

One good thing will come of this no sleep business. I have coerced my brothers and a sister to hike to the top of Mount Timpanogos - in the middle of the night. (And for those of you who don't happen to know, it's a long hike. 18 miles to be exact.) The moon will be full and we're going to hike to the top to see the sunrise. My hiking companions will all be yawning and rubbing their eyes, and I'll be leading the pack.

One of these days I'm going to drop...but until then I have some good books. I'll share.

And one more thing:

Have you seen my 'follower' box lately? I'm not a bloggy person who takes her readers for granted...really...and it makes me happy when new people come along. Thank you new people...you make my day! Oh...and you who have been with me since the start...you make my day too! Every. Last. One. Of. You.

3 comments:

aynzan said...

Yes..I am one of those new people,who was fortunate, to have a peek into your blog.Sounds interesting!

Amy said...

Happy hiking....sorry about the sleeplessness......

Katie said...

Noelle, I have to ask, what book? I love the kind that make you stay up way too late!