Thursday, September 10, 2009

Is It Only Thursday?

I have the office all to myself for the next couple of days. The guys have gone to Oregon.

My cousin Travis doesn't think I can handle things on my own.

Whatever...that's what I say.

I think I should have a party - turn the music up really loud. Except that the speakers on my computer stopped working yesterday. And I can't leave the office to buy new ones...

I heard something disturbing on the news this morning. A poodle went missing. A reward was offered to the person who found and returned the poodle. The poodle was found and returned, and now the two women who found said poodle are suing the person who offered the reward. The reward was for $1,000. The women are suing for $15,000 for failure to pay the initial reward, and for damages.

Wonder what damages they're claiming...

And what happened to just being nice? "Glad we found your dog. May you live happily ever after..." sort of thing. I'm not sure I would want to bring a poodle into the world...not with the way things are headed.

One more thing:

I've discovered that the most commonly misspelled word in the blogosphere is definitely.

Just so you know...

5 comments:

David G. Woolley said...

Looks like Travis was right:

"I think I should have a party - turn the music up really loud."

Hope they get back before you break something. Or before you misspell something.

Definitely.

Dan said...

As has been written...nice matters! Have poodle and prosper (though a poodle wouldn't be my first choice of a dog to prosper with - maybe a nice yellow lab or a pug or something).

Camaree Staheli said...

I am one of "those people" who can never spell DIFENITILY right. Curse spell check for unteaching me how to spell (in my part of the world, unteach is a word)! I once was the spelling bee champion at my school. Okay, it was a small school, but still.

Manda said...

Have you ever had to deal with a poodle? And the looks that you might get because of said poodle? I might ask for $500,000 just for the pain and misery of dealing with it...

Amy said...

Everybody spells it wrong because everybody says it wrong. Also because NOT everybody uses draft which spell checks as you go.....people should repent. And stop suing over poodles. And eat more chocolate.