Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is It Only Thursday? ... Take 2

Dear Camaree,

I didn't know you had horses! Honest! And even though the thought of going to Cedar City makes me queasy...it would be worth it to go riding with you. Let's plan it!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thanks friends, for letting me get that item of business taken care of. Looks like I get to go riding! Here's hoping I don't fall off the horse and get a concussion.

I'm taking a little vacation...and I'm excited about it because it's been a long time since I vacationed anywhere...almost a year.

Remember when I said a few posts back that we were going hiking in the Uintahs? We didn't, but now we are. We're leaving tomorrow. We're going to freeze. We're hiking to Red Castle - it's 20 miles round trip. We're doing it in one day. (You want to know why? Well, it's mostly because all of our backpacking equipment was burned in the fire. A crying shame no?)

I've been really excited about this hike - it's been on my bucket list for years. I'm still mostly excited but last night I killed my knee and the thought of hiking 20 miles now makes me want to cry. I'm going to suck it up though...pain or no pain, I'm hiking that mountain.

(You want to know what I did to my knee? It's not pretty. I was working my heart out on my Ab Circle Pro; I was in mid-swing when my knee slipped [apparently fleece pants have no traction] out of it's knee holder and wham...I went down hard on the metal part of the machine and then spent 10 minutes on the floor telling myself I wasn't going to die...but I wanted to. I'm hoping the swelling goes down by tomorrow.)

And THEN...because it's my birthday on Monday...oh, and it's Becca's and Jared's birthday too...(for those who might not know, I'm a triplet)...Becca and I are going to Disneyland! You get in free on your birthday. Becca's favorite place on earth is Disneyland. She's already listening to the music they play on Soarin California to gear up mentally. We're leaving Sunday and we'll be back Wednesday night. (Dear Jared, even though we didn't invite you, we still love you.)

When things get quiet around here for a few days you'll know where I am.

Check back tomorrow for a favor I'm going to ask of all of you - It's a small favor I promise.

And as always, thanks for reading...and commenting...and adding your picture to my friend box!

Happy Thursday!

9 comments:

Jared said...

I still feel left out!

Sandra said...

So, do you like the ab circle pro? I have been thinking about getting one, but wanted to talk to someone first.

Yay for vacation. Have fun! and ice your knee.

Noelle said...

Sandra, I love it! It's a little hard on the knees, even when you don't fall off of it, but I can tell a difference...and I don't use it as consistently as I should.

I'm a fan!

Tiffany said...

With the gnats and your knee, I wonder if the stars are properly aligned for your 20 mile trek. Be careful! And of course, have lots of fun :-}

Loralee and the gang... said...

I noticed your name on a comment - I have a daughter named Noelle. So I had to come and visit your blog. I have enjoyed reading the first page. I will be back!
:~D

Manda said...

*sigh* I guess that means you don't love me though since I'm not invited...

adrienzgirl said...

A triplet....how cool! You guys must have a neat bond! Hope you have a great time at Disney!

Tia said...

Have a great time and be safe on both trips!

Feeling Just Right said...

Ab circle pro? And you hit your knee? I had to google to take a look at it.

You are a fan of swinging like THAT, so dangerously? Why Noelle?

I can't imagine how bad you hurt yourself. Ouch. Oh My... I'd never dream of doing so many things you do!