Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's All I've Got

How did you get to church today?

I drove.

But when I saw a kid on a long board, tie flying in the wind, scriptures in hand, I wished that I had gone to church on a long board. How would that work I wonder ... skirt and long board - do they go together?

At one point in church someone said something inappropriate from the pulpit. My friend looked at me with a dismayed face and said, "you going to write about that in your blog?

I told her I couldn't. My mom would read it, hunt me down, and wash my mouth out with soap. There are times when all I can do is shake my head.

And that's all I really have to say.

I'm going to take a nap...maybe...if I can convince my tired body that it likes sleep...I have a sinking feeling it's never going to happen.

Happy Sunday napping to all of you!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I actually just woke up from a Sunday nap! My body had no trouble taking a nap because I worked a graveyard shift last night. My patient was a woman with many problems, one of which was insomnia. She cried because she couldn't sleep. The meds I was able to give her didn't really help. All I could do was rub her back and be there with her. Insomnia bites. Sorry you are a member of that icky club.

I wonder if inappropriate comments from the pulpit are planned to see how much of congregation is awake during the meeting.

As for my mode of transportation to church... I drove. Sleepily.

Sandra said...

I drove today as well and felt stupid because the church is just around the corner from my house. In fact if there were a gate in my back yard fence I could walk right into the front doors of the church house.

But in my defense I did have my purse, my bag with scriptures, lesson manuals etc, my laptop and a projector to hook to the lap top to show a slide show to my class. And I was wearing the cute shoes, the ones with heels, so walking- while an option wasn't enticing this morning.

Rachel said...

I have no experience with long boards but I would love to wear roller skates to church. Do you think they would let me wear them in the building too? I bet it would be easier to get through crowds and I wouldn't have to shake so many hands. Hmmmm.....I'm gonna have to look for my roller skates now.