Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blogging Business

Yesterday I spent over an hour trying to figure out how to add something to my blog. I clicked copy, and paste, and delete, and save as, and edit html and ... well, you get the idea. But no matter what I did I couldn't make it work.

This morning I called my little sister and said, "Can you help me?" She walked in to my office and said, "What do you want to do?" I told her and she did it - in less than 5 minutes.

I said, "How do you do that? It's not fair that you're so smart. Why can't I be even a little bit smart when it comes to computers?"

She laughed and said, "What I wish is that when you write about this on your blog (she knew I would) you could somehow write it in the same voice you're saying it with."

And then I said, "Don't mock. It's rude." (I'm sick. Remember, 4 hours of camp fire sitting = a cold. And I don't really have a voice, and when I do talk it's interrupted by fits of coughing.)

Anyway...

Because baby sister is so intelligent I'm able to show you the award I got from Jessica!



Isn't it lovely?

With this award I'm supposed to answer the following questions and then pass it on to 5 other blogs. 5 blogs? How am I going to narrow it down to 5? I may get an ulcer during the decision making process.

BUT...I'll do it, because I'm a rule follower. (As far as you know...)

The five people who I'm giving this award to are (in no specific order):

1. Sandra @ sandrasdance - This woman is superwoman. That's what I think. (And Sandra, thanks for the book!!!)

2. Lauriann @ Little Starling Photography - She doesn't know I read her blog. I guess now she will. We went to high school together. She's incredibly talented and her blog always makes me smile.

3. Stephanie @ Laughing At Life's Little Wedgies - I love her blog...and I think if we were to ever actually meet we could be BFFs.

4. Tia @ The Way I See It - Tia is adopting a little boy from Haiti. You should see his pictures.

5. Amy @ Two Scoops. I can't link to her blog because if I do my Internet crashes. (If someone can tell me how to fix that...well, that would be amazing!) BUT...if you click on one of her comments it will take you to her blog. She's great, and I love her.

This is turning in to a really long post. But on to the questions:

1. Where is your cell phone?.... on my desk

2. Your hair? ...... covered by a hat

3. Your mother? ...... heart of gold

4. Your father?..... steady and strong

5. Your favorite food? ...... not seafood

6. Your dream last night?.... don't remember one

7. Your favorite drink?.... Manzana lift - only found in Mexico

8. Your dream/goal? .... I can only have one? To go to Africa

9. What room are you in? ...... my office

10. Your hobby? .... cross stitching

11. Your fear? ..... small spaces

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?... Costa Rica

13. Where were you last night?.... at home

14. Something you aren't?..... a computer geek

15. Muffins? ..... bagels

16. Wish list item? ...... a piano

17. Where did you grow up?...... Utah

18. Last thing you did?...... talked on the phone

19. What are you wearing? ...... exercise clothes

20. Your TV? ..... the DVR is 27% full

21. Your pets? ......... NOT a pet person

22. Your friends? ...... the best

23. Your life?...... cloudy with a chance of meatballs

24. Your mood? .... is wanting to curl up and sleep a mood?

25. Missing someone? ..... yeah

26. Vehicle? ......4runner

27. Something you're not wearing? ...... lipstick

28. Your favorite store? ....... Barnes & Noble

29. Your favorite color? ...... green or purple

30. When was the last time you laughed? ...... last night

31. Last time you cried? ..... last night

32. Your best friend?...... oh so many

33. One place that I go over and over? ....... the bathroom

34. One person who emails me regularly?....... Tia

35. Favorite place to eat? ....... my mom's house on Sunday

Phew...glad we got that one done.

One more little thing: see how my profile remains ever so blank? It's because I can't think of anything to say. Want to write my profile? Please? Anyone? (Well not anyone...Mr. Woolley might not say nice things...he has that tendency...)

And with that I'm off...Grandma Lucy needs me to call the bank. That will make my day.

8 comments:

Lani said...

Congrats on your award:) You do have a great blog:)

Sandra said...

Wow, thanks. I'll have you know that my cape is currently at the cleaners and I could use a sidekick to pick up the slack. Or at least take the blame.

And Mr. Woolley seems to be MIA lately.

trublubyu said...

what? are you serious? an award for me? that is so sweet!

and you are right, we could be bffs!

DakerMom said...

Yay! Wasn't it fun though? Sorry it was so difficult, it hasn't been easy for me to figure out all this extra stuff either!

Rob Benwell Review said...

Learn about how to make money by blogging and found this....
I wish to share a link worthy for making a money of blogging…

Rob Benwell's Blogging To The Bank 3.0 Reviewed

Manda said...

You're baby sister sounds SO very nice and helpful! ;)

Lauri's Photography said...

Thank Noelle! You're so sweet to mention me here. And I'm so glad you like my blog. :)
Have a wonderful week!

Feeling Just Right said...

"The bathroom" made me laugh! You wat to go to Costa Rica in 6 years? Why? What about the beautiful new house and the amazing nursery?

Now, if you don't already know, I'll google the map a bit :)