Monday, October 12, 2009

Meet Ruthie

Ruthie likes to have her picture taken.
The first thing she does when she comes to my office is open my desk drawer and say "cheese."
She's looking for my camera.
I take it out and she runs and stands against the wall.
It's her spot.
She won't ever let me take a candid shot of her.
It's the wall or nothing.









Yesterday we all gathered at my sister's house for dinner.
Ruthie was sitting in a high chair at one end of the table.
Every few minutes she would yell, "Mommy!"
She always yells...even when her mommy is sitting right next to her.
When she yelled her mom's name, her mom would give her more food.
One time she yelled Mommy and wasn't happy with the food choice her mommy gave her.
"Mommy!"
"No Mommy!"
"MOMMY!!!"
We couldn't figure out what she wanted.
We thought it was the taco shells but every time Rachel gave her a taco shell she would whine.
At one point my dad said, "Maybe she wants the last shell in the package."
Rachel took the taco shells out of the box and gave the entire stack to Ruthie.
Ruthie smiled, turned the stack upside down, and bit right into the middle of the bottom shell.
And then she handed the shells back to Rachel and was content to finish her dinner.



7 comments:

Camaree Staheli said...

Ruthie is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!

Brynn said...

She's cute and she looks like you.

Tiffany said...

Help me! Oh what a face Ruthie has. Lucky you.

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

If she were related to me, I would say it was in the genes....

Don't you LOVE being an aunt?!

adrienzgirl said...

What a dollbaby!

Rachel said...

I love that last picture where she's pointing at you cause I know exactly what she's saying...."Wel (short for Noelle), cheese. (Then)lolor." She's a girl with an agenda.

Feeling Just Right said...

Hey! There is "balloon"!! I love that she loves herself already! Fingers crossed. I pray that always stays the same for her.

Ow, you made me hungry again! No worries. 6:30am. Time to scream "Mommy" again! (wicked laughter)