Friday, October 2, 2009

The News

I'm taking a break from cleaning the bathroom. In a perfect world I wouldn't have to share a bathroom with men. Actually, in a perfect world I wouldn't have to share a bathroom with anyone. Just thought I would put that out there.

Are you ready for the big news? Are you sure?

It has nothing to do with my love life. Sorry. But while we're on the subject I might as well let you know that this whole business of finding someone you like enough to go out with more than once, and then more than twice, and then more than six months, and then forever...and having it be mutual...that's proving to be much more than what I'm capable of.

I digress.

Okay, here it is...in all of it's big news glory:

I AM BUYING A HOUSE.

And I'm kind of freaking out about it...if I'm being honest. And I am. But it's a beautiful 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 car garage, BRAND NEW house...one in which I get to pick the paint colors and the tile, and the carpet and the granite counters and the fixtures and the cupboards and...

You get the picture.

But if I'm still being honest I took my little sister with me and said, "You pick the colors and the carpet, and the...everything." And she did. And I told her I would pay her in cookies for her services.

I'd like to thank my parents, and the state and federal government for helping me to make this happen...and for assuring that I'm going to be in the poor house for the next 30 years.

Donations can be sent to _____________. I'm just kidding. (But if you really did want to send a donation...)

You know the pull up jingle: "Mommy, Wow! I'm a big kid now!" That's what I've been singing in my head ever since I signed the contract.

Some day when the house is finished and I get a key I'll take pictures. Until then I'll be making a more conscious effort to pick up the pennies I see on the road.

Oh...and one more thing...in my new house I don't have to share a bathroom with anyone.

19 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

That's awesome Noelle! Congrats on being a Big Girl Now! There isn't anything quite like having your "own" place where you can do what you want, when you want, and in the buff! :D

Sandra said...

That is the best news. I am so happy for you!!

Sarah Brown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! We just bought one as well and I am busy with carpet and paint....I have have to share the bathroom though=) Happy to hear your great news.
Stop by my blog on the 6th to read a review and enter to win a really great picture for your new "HOME"--that was a clue=)
Become a Facebook Fan of mine and I will send you an email when the review posts.
Thanks for stopping by. Congrats and have a w
wonderful day=)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=230269340531&ref=ts

Just Add Walter said...

yay, that is awesome!!! visiting from lani's blog!! now a follower!

Nicolasa said...

Saw your blog on blog for a cure.
Congrats on the house!

Dominguez Family said...

You know...some people have a big house party when they move in, send out invitations, and even register at places for house warming gifts...just a thought instead of donations. ;-) Congrats, by the way!

Elise said...

That's so cool! Buying a house seems more like a fairytale then a some-day-reality :) I'll bet it will have the best landscape on the block!

Amy said...

Oh happy day! I seriously think your life is glamorous....is it?

Kimber said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you. Now you can start saving for Africa. :) Let's do something next week!

Brynn said...

Dang! That's what I was going to guess, but I didn't have my computer handy when I thought of my guess. Where is it? I want to come see. I'm excited for you.

Rachel said...

Kimber, can I start saving for Africa too? I've always wanted to go there. Will you be traveling near elephants?

Tia said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

Annie said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy your new house.

I found your blog via Blog for a Cure and became a follower.

Enjoy your weekend.

Carrie said...

Secrets. Didn't we just talk about that on our bike ride. You totally kept it from me. Where are you building at?

Camaree Staheli said...

So glad you decided to take the plunge! You will absolutely love it! I am coming up especially to see the new place (even if you don't invite me!). In the meantime, take lots and lots of pictures!

Leslie said...

Congrats! Buying a house is so exciting! I hope you'll be posting pics of it soon.

trublubyu said...

yay! can't wait to see pictures!

David G. Woolley said...

Wow. That is a hugh risk/committment, especially in our current economic situation. The dollar is down, gold is freaking out at $1,045 per ounce. And the next downturn could hit us the first of next year.

The big question is how much debt are you under with this purchase? If you're paying cash and you own the house outright, well done. If you're taking out a loan you better hope that the nursery doesn't go under and people keep buying lots and lots of plant. If trees and shrubs and flowers and vegetables and landscaping gets axed in the next wave of economic nastiness, you may be choosing paint colors, counter tops, drapes and bathroom tile for the bank to enjoy. Can you say REPOSESSION?

Sorry. I'm just saying that if you can't buy that puppy with cash, you should think twice. Or a thousand times. This aint 1990 anymore.

Feeling Just Right said...

woohoo! That is a huge house and it is yours! wowwie- i am so happy for you :)

I know i'm reading late, but happy.

No bathroom sharing!! (whistling.. but i guess now you're sharing. AGAIN.)