Friday, October 23, 2009

They Did An X-Ray...

Don't worry, I'm not going to die.

It's just bronchitis. And as long as I don't move I don't cough.

Here's my random question of the day:

Why is it that total strangers feel like they have to tell you their life story the first time they talk to you? If there were one BIG reason I don't like doing the on-line thing, this would be it. Just because I said hi doesn't mean I'm going to marry you for heavens sake.

A guy just sent me an instant message telling me I was cute. Then he wanted to know why I wasn't married. Then he said, "Aren't you going to ask me why I got divorced?" I responded and said, "No. I'm a complete stranger. It's really none of my business."

He said, "Oh, but you can ask anything. I want you to feel comfortable."

Thank you very much, but why don't we start with something more simple, like what's your name?

Camaree asked if I initiate contact with guys...the answer Cami is no. Except for one time...and that's because I couldn't help myself. The guy had such a cute picture...so I told him so. He wrote back and said, "YOU have a great picture. You're gorgeous!" That worked out well don't you think? It would be a match made in heaven...except that we don't live anywhere near each other. (And if we're being honest that's probably why I sent him the message. I figured I would never meet him so I had nothing to lose.)

Okay...enough of this. I'm going in search of a couch and a remote control.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

So glad it is not pneumonia. I opened my mail the other day and had a message that my friend from high school had just died from swine flue complications of pneumonia. 5 minutes later I read your post. So, as horrible as it sounds- I am glad you have bronchitis and not pneumonia.

Now, just rest on the sofa and drink plenty of fluids and chicken soup, chamomille tea and peppermint tea.

Tiffany said...

Sorry your trip was shortened. The only thing worse than being sick is being sick away from home. Glad you got in to see a doc quickly. I was at work last night and the hospital is filling with flu and respiratory patients. Its going to be a busy year. Hope you feel better soon. Oh the joy that comes when you're able to take a deep breath again without launching into a 15 min coughing fit.

And I'm so enjoying the tales of wooing on the internet. Thanks!

Amy said...

I like you online dating. Sorry about the bronchitis. Does using the remote to change channels count as moving? Or does it make you cough?

Feeling Just Right said...

Praise the Lord you're good!

For a while, I wondered about how much I said beyond "hi" the first time I saw your blog. But then I figure I am not a stranger, so it's okay :D

"YOU have a great picture! You look gorgeous!" Ooooooooh!