Thursday, November 5, 2009

All In A Day's Work

Ahhh...there's nothing better than having your hair freshly done...by the professionals. While my highlights were processing my phone rang...twice. Bruce, BYU's Landscape Architect, really wanted to talk to me.

When he called the third time I answered.

"Yes Bruce?"

"Where are you? Why are you so hard to find?"

"If you really want to know Bruce, I'm getting my hair done."

"Oh...hey, I haven't asked you in a while. How are things with that guy you were dating?"

'Really Bruce, you called me three times to talk about my love life?' That's what I was thinking.

"Things ended a while ago Bruce."

"You're better off single." Bruce just went through an ugly divorce.

"Well, I'm glad you're still getting your hair done Noelle. That's a positive sign."

"I'm glad I have your support Bruce. Now, what can I do for you?"

"When you say you're getting your hair done what does that mean exactly? Cut and wash or what?"

Bored Bruce?

"Trimmed, highlighted, and styled," is what I told him.

"You highlight your hair? Noelle! Oh no...please tell me it doesn't look awful!"

"Actually Bruce, I try to keep things pretty natural. Unless someone is really observant, it's not too obvious that I have highlights. Don't worry, I think you would approve."

"Oh good...well then I'm glad you get highlights...I'm sure it looks great."

"Did you need something Bruce?" I asked.

"Oh...yes...I need some plants."

And then it was back to business as usual.

It's always nice to know my customers are looking out for me.

***It's 5 hours later and Bruce just called again...for the 6th time today. The first thing he asked, "How's the hair holding up?" I just laugh...

10 comments:

adrienzgirl said...

One day, just one, I want to remove my brain to mouth filter, I know Noelle I don't have much of one, but remove it for the people that I am fond of on some level, therefore I edit what really pops in my head, and opt for a more tactful response. But one day, just for a day, I want to just blurt out the first thing that pops in my head, all day! :P

Bad I know!

David G. Woolley said...

I think you should have Bruce sign up for that on-line dating thing and see if the computer matches the two of you on twenty nine (you read that right, twenty nine) areas of compatability. If the computer crunches things even close to your combined mathmatical possibilities, the two of you could find green house bliss among the pony packs.

Or you could ask your hairdresser if she does nails too.

Your choice.

Sandra said...

Go for the nails, Noelle.

Annie said...

Is so nice to get the hair beautiful and have your own time.

Tiffany said...

Mr. Wooley is cracking me up. "...greenhouse bliss among the pony packs". Wow.

And yes Miss Noelle, I second the motion for a face to face! Whee!!
(Too eager? A little geeky? I can't help myself, sorry.)

Anonymous said...

How old is Bruce? Maybe you should go out with him. Or maybe he'll be like David G. Woolley and never have the nerve to ask you.

Natalie Harris said...

I'v got to read your COMMENTS more often...David Woolley...whoever you are...PLEASE TAKE A STAND....

Loralee and the gang... said...

Sounds like a little crush going on here...?
:~D

Loralee and the gang... said...

Oh- I just read today's post. So, an older man? In some cultures that is a good thing. heehee just teasing.
:~D

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Your customers are so chatty and nice like friends. Wow. I read this post twice. Bruce is funny.

Hope he is a lot better now.