Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Hellllllooooo Baaa aaaaaaa aaaaby!" ...

Don't you wish that was the message you got in your inbox?

My brother Ben wants me to tell you something...he's wanted me to tell you this something for a long time. I've hesitated ... you'll know why once I tell you. Ben is pretty persistent and so I've decided to give in to him.

I asked him if he just wanted to write this post but he declined.

Once when I went to Fountain Green to visit Lucy (my grandma), she gave me some words of wisdom. Wisdom that she promised would change my life. Wisdom that she was COMPLETELY serious about.

"Noelle, if you want to get married you need to become more righteously seductive."

And there it was...the key...the answer to my problems.

She was willing to give pointers if I needed them.

I told her I'd let her know.

14 comments:

Thomas said...

Thats a great story :) I can picture some grandmas saying that :)

David G. Woolley said...

Lucy wisdom? You need to explain.

Please expound on the term righteously seductive. We need a definition, at least three examples, an account where righteous seductivity was employed, and an opinion on the benefits and drawbacks of said seductivity.

David G. Woolley said...

Any spelling errors, Ben?

Noelle said...

Let's think about this...would you want your 92 year old grandma to define seductivity? I wouldn't...

David G. Woolley said...

Okay. But you could at least provide your opinion of the benefits and drawbacks (if there are any) of righteous seductivity. And you could even use a few scriptural examples like Bathsheba, or Sariah, or Ruth, or Jezabel, or the woman at the well, or Jethro's daughter, or whatever.

Ben: did I spell everything right this time?

adrienzgirl said...

Noelle, I don't really think I would want the definition either.

Tiffany said...

I just laughed out loud, reread your post and then laughed some more. Grandma Lucy!! :o

I'm wondering if 'righteously seductive' could possibly mean that when called upon to read a scriptural passage in Sunday School, you must first lick your lips in a sultry manner. In that way the righteous word would float over one's seductive lips? Curious.

So glad Ben gave you a nudge to share!

Sandra said...

I was thinking that this might be a topic for an Enrichment night mini class.

Amy said...

Sandra, I wanna be in your ward! That's the kind of enrichment meeting people go to. It might be the first with 100% attendance. Especially if Grandma Lucy is teaching it!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Righteously seductive.

Classic.

Manda said...

Lol. I agree with Tiffany on this one. That's totally the definition! I love it!

Dan said...

I would have asked her for pictures as an example...but that's just me.

Tami said...

Noelle, this post just made my day. I haven't laughed so hard in ages!!! So totally grandma. :)

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Your Grandma is way too bold. Wow. Are you sure you're talking about your Grandma??