Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Grandpa Tuesday

One afternoon when I got to Grandpa's house to go through the mail I noticed an umbrella sitting on top of the pile of mail.

"Grandpa, why is there an umbrella on top of the mail?" I asked.

He chuckled and said, "I put it there so I wouldn't forget to ask you how to put it up."

And then while I was laughing he leaned against the counter and said, "There is something I was going to ask you. What was it? I've been trying to form the words in my head all day long. Let's see...I need to...I need to..." and then as if he totally lost track of what he was thinking he said, "I need to blow my nose."

I laughed even more and said, "You've been thinking all day of how you could tell me that you need to blow your nose?"

He chuckled some more and said, "No. But I can't remember what I need."

I said, "Don't worry, I know what you were thinking."

"What?" he asked in a tone of disbelief.

"You were going to tell me that you're out of money and we need to go to the bank."

Grandpa looked at me rather surprised and said, "How did you know that?"

"I know everything," I reminded him. Then I said, "You were also going to tell me that we need to go shopping because you're out of milk."

"I was!"

He walked to the closet and grabbed his coat and said, "Well, let's get going kid. I'm sure you'll remember what else I need when we get wherever we're going."

The only other thing he needed was an ice cream cone. How convenient for me.

9 comments:

Tia said...

I love your grandpa!

Sandra said...

You know, I love your Grandpa, too. He raised a very sweet granddaughter.

Tiffany said...

Grandpa Tuesdays make me smile.

adrienzgirl said...

Your Grandpa stories make everyone smile.

Thomas said...

Thats such an aweeosme story, it made me smile :)

Manda said...

Well I love our grandpa too and he makes me smile too!!!!!



Sorry...I felt out of the loop....

aynzan said...

Grandparents are so sweet!

RayRay said...

maybe its the background music that i'm listening to, or the fact that I miss my Grandpa a lot, but this totally made me tear up... its so precious.

A girl needs 2 Talk said...

Ahhh! I ADORE these Grandpa stories! Bless his heart. :) :)