Monday, December 7, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Are you feeling neglected?

Because I feel like I've neglected you the last few days.

I'll try to make up for that with this post.

My hard drive probably crashed this morning. I'm still waiting for the official word. If I think about all of the pictures I may have lost I get a little sick to my stomach.

In case you wanted to know...Allie and I did GREAT at the piano recital. She was the star of the show. In my very unbiased opinion she performed the best and it just so happens that I didn't mess up either.

Saturday we resurrected our Christmas tree cutting tradition. We braved the elements and made the trek...it was delightful!



The kids were troopers...they laughed all the way up the mountain...and Uncle Ben didn't dump them out of the 6-wheeler once.






































My sister is a Christmas tree beauty queen don't you think?






































Josh and I did our best to keep each other warm.





























See this picture? If you're observant you might notice that there happens to be an extra guy standing there...one you've never seen before. (He's the one on the left holding the tree.)

I think it's probably time I introduce you to Jason. Everyone...meet Jason.

Once upon a time Jason saw my profile on-line and sent me a message...a very sincere and sweet message. I sent him a message back...and so it went until one day we actually met and realized that we liked spending time together more than we liked emailing.

Last year at this time I was blogging about the fake tree I bought...the one that came with lights...I said I wouldn't get another real tree until I found a guy to put the lights on for me.

I cut a tree this year because Jason said he would put the lights on for me. Christmas doesn't get any better than that.

14 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes she is.

Congrats on not messing up at the recital. That is always a good thing. And way to go Allie.

I love going and cutting down the Christmas tree. I haven't been able to do that in about 30 years and I miss it. Maybe next year I'll have to resurrect that tradition.

David G. Woolley said...

No external back up anything? Nothing? You don't back up all your photos and documents and music and everything on back up drive. EVERY. DAY. OF. THE. YEAR?

I do mine at 9:00 am sharp everyday. Backup. Backup. Backup. Shell out fifty bucks at Office Depot. Hook it to your computer. Tell it to back up whenever you want to have it back up. It will do all the work and you never have to think about it again.

Worth it for sure!

And about the piano recital. Your timing was off. Sorry. It just was.

Tia said...

Yay for the real Christmas tree! Oh yeah, and the guy putting the lights on it. :) Nice to meet you Jason!

Tiffany said...

...in the meadow we can build a snowman, and pretend that he is Parson Brown...

Looks like a wonderful time had by all. Glad Jason could make it too.

Congrats on the recital!! Whew!

So sorry about your pictures. I haven't backed up a thing. I'm off to Office Depot per Mr. Woolley's suggestion. I'd be very sad if I lost it all.

David G. Woolley said...

Jason looks like a keeper! And to think we all teased you about the on line dating fiasco. What were we thinking? The Princess and the Pea test will be if he puts up blinking lights or regular lights. You can't trust anyone who puts up blinking lights. That's one of the top ten signs of a domestically violent man. Have a Merry Christmas, but keep your eye on the blinking lights.

Megan said...

This (Jason) makes my heart happy! Love you!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I'm going to cross my fingers that this Jason didn't do what my Mr. Thompson did.

He drove the 4-Runner into the garage....with the tree on top.

Oh yes he did.

The garage, 4-Runner, and tree will never be the same.

Annie said...

Anxious to see the final result of the Christmas tree.

Have a nice week.

Keith and Jamie said...

Sad about the hard drive...even sadder about the lost pics. I agree with DGW external hard drives are definietly the way to go. We had to get a big one to house all the pics of the kiddos...worth every penny.
Great job at the recital...I am sure you were fabulous! I have no musical talent, so as long as all the notes sounded correct...that is really all you can ask for.

I love your tree and I love even more that you have a Jason to put up the lights. Hopefully, Jason will do an excellent job and if for some reason Jason should have questions, let me know...I am a bit OCD about the lights on the tree and I am happy to offer answers to FAQ's. (his name has a nice ring...Jason...strong yet gentle, looks like he has a nice smile)Good Luck!

Karen said...

How sweet. I've never had a real Christmas tree in my life but I hate the smell of pine so I don't feel too bad for me. :) Merry Christmas to you!!!

Manda said...

:O I didn't know it was possible for people to not like the smell of pine...wow...I feel bad for you Karen. I can't even imagine feeling that way...my life would be so....null...and void!!

Look at those muscles that your sister has! She's just so amazing! Hehe...jk

Manda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

I'll stand up for you Karen. I don't like the smell of pine very much either.
A real tree from the hills does sound fun though. Definitely even better to have Jason to help decorate it with.:)

Elise said...

You leave the best for last? That's great! Christmas really doesn't get any better than that! I'm glad you introduced us all :) Merry Christmas!