Saturday, December 26, 2009

Chapter 3

"Noelle you need to write a blog."

That's the greeting I got when I walked into my mom's house a few minutes ago.

"Why mom? I wrote one just a few days ago."

"The neighbors need an update...you would be surprised how many people have called me."

"Gee Mom, I didn't know the neighbors read my blog." That's what I said.

So...although this might not be what the neighbors are expecting...(it will come Natalie, it will come) here you go...the next chapter.

* * * * *

Jason mentioned one day in an email that he would be in Salt Lake City for work. He didn't say anything about meeting me and I kind of thought he was a chicken...so I suggested that I meet him and get some snow shoe advice. He made up for his chickenness (it's my blog...I can make up words) and said, "I would love to take you to lunch." It was settled...I was going to meet Jason at REI and we were going to get lunch.

Saturday came, and to be honest, I was nervous! I was excited to meet Jason but I was worried that there would be no spark. We had great communication and I wanted there to be more. My sister-in-law, who I LOVE and ADORE, suggested that I take a lighter with me...that's how much she was hoping for spark.

Jason told me he would be hanging out in the snowshoe department and that he would be wearing a white visor. When I walked into the doors of REI I thought I was going to hyperventilate...and to make matters worse the snowshoe department was near the front of the store. I skirted the snow shoes and walked around the store for a bit, trying to find my courage. (I'm not usually such a whimp...really.)

I finally approached him and from the minute he said hi my nerves were calmed. There were no awkward moments, the conversation was good, and there was definitely spark. (Hooray for spark!)

We spent 4 hours together and we never ran out of things to talk about. We laughed a lot and we had a great time. I didn't want to say goodbye when he walked me out to my car, and I'm guessing that he didn't want to say goodbye either. (Jason did you want to say goodbye?)

We stood at my car talking for a few minutes and then he gave me a hug. I was half hoping that he would kiss me but he didn't...

I smiled the entire drive home.

12 comments:

Brynn said...

A kiss on the first date? You floozy. Hahaha. I'm just kidding. Sounds like he's a good guy. I'm happy that you found him.

Natalie Harris said...

THANK YOU NOELLE!!!! It is pretty sad when other neighbors have to call ME to find out WHY YOU haven't written yet....we're all just kinda out here WAITING--hoping (it's Christmas vacation and we're not "working" and your blog is QUIET. Let's get blunt. My specialty. We are wanting to see a picture of a certain gold round object that symbolizes eternity---we know the LOVE THANG is hot and glowing cuz the snow is melted off my lawn and I live 7-8? houses up?...I got a shower date to schedule woman...and treats to make for it and well...LOTS of stuff that make us giggle and want to dance rings around you!!!!!! No pun intended with the dancing "rings" :)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

A kiss of the first date?!

Now that's what I call making up for lost time!

Good for you.

Go girl - go!

Keith and Jamie said...

Okay...I am HOOKED!!! I read The Notebook two times (back to back) and watched the movie...all through which I cried (like a blubbering, 'love is so grand', why can't all men be like Noah, every girl deserves a Prince, Pretty Woman always living in the Penthouse kind of TEARS)! That being said, I am also the type of person to read the last few pages to determine if the story is going to go the way I want it to, and if not, then I have the option to quit before I finish reading (majority of the time, the end justifies the means and I KEEP reading). All of that to say...if my NEW friend Natalie is hinting about something in Chapter 10, I need you to tell me...because the EXCITEMENT is driving me a little close to the edge. So...dish...I am waiting with chocolate brownie, kitkat, and reese's pb cup in hand!!! Was this a Christmas to remember, wedding bells not silver or jingle...come on you can tell me...
besides...what am I going to do; blog about it? Nah, you are already doing that...and I am not a copycat ;)

Amy said...

REI is so lucky - the rest of us have yet to see the two of your in action. :)

Anonymous said...

Well I agree but I dream the list inform should acquire more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

It is very valuable piece

travmitch4 said...

just remember I will always be the one that gave you your first kiss...

Anonymous said...

Patience People, Good hell, give the gal and this guy a break!!! Rome wasn't built in a a day, Noelle has waited this long, hell a few more months ain't going to hurt a dang thing. Don't drive the guy away, with snowshoes, he could hike out in the middle of the night and be gone. Then the blog might not have the suspense it currently has. Let things work in their own way.
Enough sappy stories, reality is love is great when built upon a good foundation, not a 2 hour movie romance.

adrienzgirl said...

This is awesome....just little snipets. To keep us all coming back for more! :D

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.