Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chapter 4

I cut my thumb while slicing oranges...don't you feel bad for me?

Thank you...I knew I could find sympathy here.

People...your comments make me laugh. Jamie, yours make me laugh super a lot.

Chapter 4 is going to be written by Jason...I can't wait to read what he says...

* * * * *

Noelle says I'm cheesy...

I would tend to agree with her. I can't help it. It seems that the more I'm around her the cheesier I get. I'm not sure what kind of cheese, but I'm pretty sure it's the long stringy kind. I'm not typically like that. I guess it's been bottled up for so long that it's coming out in gobs. You know, the kind of cheese that certain pizza chains put in their crust that makes you think that you might die of cheese overload? Yep, ooey gooey goodness! These kind of quantities can be unhealthy, but so far I've kept it just below the threshold. I'm sure one day Noelle will finally say, "I just threw up in my mouth..." after a particularly cheesy episode, but until then I'm going to continue to lay it on thick! Who doesn't like cheese anyway?

When I first met Noelle in person it was at the REI, a place I'm normally very comfortable in. However, as she approached me I suddenly became less sure of myself. I had anticipated this meeting for awhile and couldn't wait to meet her, but at that moment all of my weaknesses flashed before my eyes (kind of like a near death experience, only that my life was replaced by my weaknesses). The thing I will never forget is Noelle's striking appearance. She literally made me take a step back and regretfully realize 'I'm really not worthy'.

It took considerable courage to even speak. It seemed when I did that the stuff coming out of my mouth didn't match my intellect. Although I can't completely remember what I said, I do remember that it wasn't very impressive...something like 'Uh...hi, I'm Jason", or something like that. I quickly came to my senses and asked her if she wanted to take a stroll around the store and she agreed. I prematurely assumed that she was interested in my line of work. We walked around and I showed her all of the stuff that I thought was so cool...backpacks, water filters, backpacking stoves, sleeping bags, and other amazingly awesome gear. Although she was interested, I couldn't quite get a read on her level of interest.

Fearing that I might really blow things, I decided it was about time we went to lunch so I picked one of my favorite restaurants, Barbacoa. I hadn't eaten all day so I was really looking forward to lunch. When we walked out to her car she gave me the keys. I thought, 'Are you serious? Awesome! I love this car!' (she drives a Toyota 4-Runner).

We walked into the restaurant, ordered, and sat down. As we began to talk I realized that she was much more that just her appearance...she actually was very articulate and, might I say, interested in me and not at all stuck-up! The fact that she was so kind and thoughtful struck me...traits that are very important to me. She was so complimentary and mentioned she looked forward to our meeting . We talked for what seemed like hours and I loved every minute of it!

After all that time together I realized that I had only eaten about half of my burrito, as hungry as I was, and didn't mind throwing the rest away. Just like most guys I love to eat, but I was only interested in getting to know this beautiful, articulate, kind, funny girl and really didn't care about anything else (there's a little sample of cheese for you). Thus came my first impression of not wanting to mess anything up, but also that I was very interested in wanting to learn everything about her. I guess you could say that I was beginning to fall hard...

Once we left the restaurant, I took her back to REI, as I was working there at the time helping with one of their major sales of the year, and walked her to her car. I was so worried that I had been too shy it concerned me the rest of the day, but Noelle later told me I had nothing to worry about. All in all it had been a wonderful day...I really couldn't wait to see her again!

So there you have chapter 4 from my perspective. Cheese and all :).

13 comments:

Keith and Jamie said...

I have too much to say...I am sending an email!

adrienzgirl said...

This is the best thing I have read all day! I can hardly contain my excitement, because....I am a cheeseball too!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Cheese is good. We like cheese.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Noelle, please say you'll still date him, even though he mentioned how you look . . . you do want him to be pleased with your appearance, don't you?
;~D

Loralee and the gang... said...

... BTW he's pretty pleasing to look at, too -

Marci said...

ahhh that is pretty cheesy but noelle is good reason to be cheesy about.;D

Natalie Harris said...

Listen, we ARE patient people...but could you guys post every hour or so and speed this up? Some of us are living vicariously and others of us are, well, WAITING....
anonymous

Brynn said...

Truly Cheesy, but oh so sweet.

aynzan said...

Here's to you a bagful of New Wishes..filled with love and happiness topped with a lot of cheese!!

Amy said...

Enough with the cheese - I want juice! Come on - tell us something juicy. :)

Amy said...

PS amen to Loralee - you're not going to do something stupid just because he thinks you're pretty are you? Just sayin....

Karen said...

What a way to get comments ;) This sounds like the perfect chick flick, you guys should find a producer. :)

Karen said...

Oh and one more thing, Jason, you do realize that Noelle has a NY posse behind her so NEVER mess up. ;)