Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Chapter 5, Grandpa Wednesday, and Forever

It's 3:09 AM on Wednesday morning and as is no surprise, I can't sleep. It's been a good day - a GREAT day actually and my mind is running a million different directions.

I drove past my grandpa's house yesterday, on my way to visit one of his neighbors who has become a dear friend. I've thought a lot about him since then. I can't help but wonder if he's proud of the life I'm trying to live - if he's happy with the choices I've made.

Do you believe in life after death? I do - and I believe that I will see my grandpa again. In my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - we believe that a marriage can last for eternity, not just until 'death do we part.' And if a marriage, performed by one with authority in a temple of God, lasts forever, so too do family units. I get to spend forever with the people I love most - and I love that.

All of that brings me to Chapter 5. I imagine this scene in heaven:

One day my grandpa said to his brother-in-law, my other grandpa, (go here for an explanation of my crazy family tree) "Gayle, what are we going to do with our granddaughter? We have to to find a way to help her out." And my grandpas probably had no clue...UNTIL Jason's grandpa Van joined his two friends.

My Grandpa Gayle - who was very astute - probably noticed that Van looked distraught.

"Van," he would have asked, "What troubles you?"

And Van would have said, "I have this grandson that I'm worried about. He has a lovely fireplace and no one to build a fire for."

And the three grandpas would have sighed...and then in unison they probably had an AHHH HA moment.

Someday I'd like to know how long our three grandpas have been plotting - and then I'd like to give them all a really big hug and say "THANK YOU!!!"

Because friends - meeting Jason is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Oh and just one more thing:

Amy and Loralee...I LOVE that Jason thinks I'm beautiful...

And just one more one more thing:

Chapter 6 might contain a bit more juice...for you Amy.

11 comments:

Amy said...

hallelujah!!! yay for juice! and for plotting grandpas. and for fireplaces. :)

Tiffany said...

Way to tease with the juice! On with the juice already!!

..and I would bet big money that your grandpa is very pleased with you.

Brynn said...

Come on...Tell us more and faster. We want the whole story. I want some questions answered.

Keith and Jamie said...

You have got to love plotting Grandpa's. This reminds me of...you guessed it...a movie. The movie is IQ, staring Tim Robbins and Meg Ryan. Albert Einstein is Meg's uncle and he helps to conspire to get Meg to fall for Tim...really cute and REALLY old!!
Now...I went back and read the Family Tree...so, I have questions; I say this like me having questions is an oddity. What type of business were they in…that she figured or assumed that something might happen to her? Also, why did Gayle (your G-pa married to Beatrice) not want to raise his own daughter? Where did the other three children go? What do you mean by farmed? Did Gayle raise any of his children from his marriage to Beatrice? Again, I am just curious.
BTW...totally got the family tree, you explained it very well...cemetary is not weird, that was a just the thing way back when. I think the history is cool.

Mary said...

I love your plotting grandpas. Just one question, are your chapters up to date or is there a lag period? Basically, has the proposal already happened or am I rushing things.
I've been told the older you are the faster things go because there are no games involved. People are actually honest.

Tia said...

Yay for juice!!!

Anonymous said...

I really can't believe all the crazy pushing! Noelle your followers are crazier than the Wal-Mart shoppers the Friday after Thanksgiving at 3:30 am!!!
What they won't do for a cheap thrill. We are very happy for you and excited to see if this turns into what it's appearing, but take things at their own pace. You've got the rest of your life to be married and deal with life's glorious married challenges, you only "fall in love with your eternal companion once" (unless your like my cousin, she's done it 3 or 5 or 10 times) But seriously life is so much easier when it isn't so damned rushed.

Amy said...

@ Anon. We ARE crazy followers - but we aren't rushing her to commitment, we're rushing her to tell us what has already happened. There's like a 3 weeks lag in the plot...right? Noelle? Right? The juice has already happened - we just want to hear about it.

wjmom said...

Noelle,
I've stalked your blog (through my friend Amy) a number of times, and now I'm getting so excited to learn more about your happiness. Congrats on finding someone so wonderful. I hope he deserves you, because nice matters.
Aundrea

Dominguez Family said...

Yeah for your late night...early morning posts.

adrienzgirl said...

More story please.....