Friday, December 4, 2009

Piano Recitals

I've been playing the piano since I was ... I don't even know ... maybe 7. I took lessons until I graduated from high school. I have always thought I was pretty good at it ... until yesterday.

Remember when I told you my niece asked me to play a duet with her at her piano recital? We practiced last night. She messed up a few times, but I messed up a whole lot more.

At one point Allie stopped playing and said, "You're off." And she was right, I was messed up on the timing.

We practiced both songs at least a dozen times. Allie looked at me and said, "Can you imagine how horrible it would have been if we hadn't practiced before the recital?" I'm sure she would have been just fine, it's me she has to worry about.

(Want to know a secret? Whenever I had a piano recital I managed to be 'sick'...)

This morning I went to my mom's for breakfast (my fridge won't be delivered until next week) and asked Mom to play the duet with me. She played her part and when I started on mine my sister yelled from upstairs, "You're timing is off."

I told her to shut up and then I started the song over again. I'll be glad when this recital is over!








7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Good luck!

Darling picture :)

Sandra said...

Good luck. You'll be fine.

Amy said...

Good luck! I hope you don't ruin her moment of glory. ;) You'll all be great.

Benjamin said...

Hi cute lady...
I am tending darling baby Tan Man.
Mommy is grocery shopping and dad and big brother have gone to cut a Christmas tree---you are probably with them! Anyway, I have been reading your blogs--very fun. I am very excited that you have (almost) a new house!! I want to come see it sometime! You're the BEST.

dct g-ma tuckett

Thomas said...

You will probably do good!! Good Luck

Manda said...

You can't blame me for telling the truth... ;)

You're amazing. Simple as that.

Loralee and the gang... said...

That's so funny . . . I'm sure with a little more practice you will do just fine!
:~D