Sunday, January 17, 2010

Here's To A Peaceful Slumber

Sometimes my sister Becca makes fun of me.

I have a hard time sleeping at night if there is any light.

When we were growing up I would put something in front of our radio to block the tiny light shining from it.

Becca just laughed.

When I got older I would hang blankets in the windows to block the light from outside.

I don't keep electronic things in my bedroom for the same reason...the lights make me crazy!

When Jason's in town he stays at my house and I stay at Becca's...on her couch.

(Thanks Becca!)

Tonight when I came in it was dark. I grabbed a pillow and settled in and then started counting.

Want to know how many lights there are???

On the floor heater there is a red dot, and yellow numbers flashing the temperature.

On the radio there are white numbers showing what disk is set to play. (If I turn the radio off the lights will flash...and somehow that's worse.)

On the TV there is a flashing yellow dot.

Next to the TV there are five blue dots in a vertical line. I wonder what they're to...

On the other side of the TV there are 4 yellow dots in a pyramid...one of these dots flashes...

Next to the yellow dots there are two red ones...they don't flash.

And next to the yellow dots is a clock that ticks. (I remember when my niece said about that clock, "Noelle, make it stop clocking."

Maybe if I cover my face with the blanket I can block all of the lights out.

As soon as I turn the laptop off I'll give it my best shot.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

I slept over at my brother and sister in law's apartment years ago so I could babysit my nephew while they went to an early morning sealing. They woke up to find one of their wall clocks in the fridge.

I feel your pain. Hope you got some sleep.

Jared said...

You should ask Rachel about the DVR lights in our bedroom.

The Boob Nazi said...

I can't sleep with light either. I used to sleep on the bottom bunk bed, and my sister was on the top bunk (aka close to the string on the light). She'd NEVER turn off the light. It was what most of our fights were about growing up.

Bonnie said...

I think you should maybe invest in an eye mask- They are wonderful! Don't know if I could function w/out mine.

Amy said...

Josh hates the lights - I like them. He would tell you about the 3 clocking clocks you can hear at night, and the light from the phone, router, and 2nd router. Not to mention the printer, monitor, computer, tv, vcr & dvd player. me? I turn the lamp on low....you know, because if it's TOO dark you can't see! :D

The Mad-Hatter said...

it's because becca can sleep upstairs at the nursery in the middle of the day and be asleep in 2 seconds...she has no clue about sleep issues.;D

Jamie said...

I am so sorry for your sleep troubles... I wish I could give you my ability to sleep for a few days, just so you could get some decent shut eye.
I will say, that my hubby used an eye mask when he worked night shift and had to sleep during the day. He said they worked...you might give it a try...or buy cheap sunglasses and use a paint pen to paint the lenses BLACK, that is if you can sleep in glasses. Hey, whatever works...

rika said...

here here! to the eye mask comment!

Manda said...

Put the clock in a drawer...that's what I always do and it works. I don't have as many lights to deal with though. :D

Brynn said...

I live with an insomniac. Send Jason my condolences.

adrienzgirl said...

Yep, you definitely need to get yourself and eye mask!