Friday, January 1, 2010

New Beginning

This morning Jason, my dad, and I went snowshoeing. As we drove to the trail head we saw several people out running. I laughed a little bit...it is January 1st after all, and people are starting fresh on their New Year's Resolutions.

I've never made New Year's Resolutions...I think I'm going to start this year.

RESOLUTIONS

1. Learn to cook

2. Stop eating so much sugar

3. Exercise more

4. Hang my pictures

5. Give my blog readers what they've been waiting for

I'm guessing it's my last resolution that is going to hold your interest.

So...you want juice? You want me to skip ahead to Chapter 10? You want me to spill my guts?

Today you've got it...you will get what you want. I only want one thing in return...just one little thing. And it's not too much to ask. I'm going to give you juice if you (those who haven't) will add your little picture to my friend box. (I know, pathetic really...but two-sided relationships are always better.)

Once upon a time I watched Jason play the piano on youtube. It was after reading the second email he ever sent me. I showed the youtube clip to my mom and she said, "Who is that?"

I said, "Mom, that's Jason. He's the guy I'm going to marry."

She smiled and said, "Are you serious?"

"Well...I think I should meet him first, but yeah, I think I'm serious."

Have you ever just known something? Have you ever just known that your life was supposed to go a certain way? Have you ever felt that God spoke directly to you and said, "This is the path I want you to take"?

Those feelings...plus the fact that I love him and can't imagine my life without him...are the reasons I said yes when Jason asked "will you marry me?"














18 comments:

~The W.P.~ said...

Noelle! I'm SO happy for you! You deserve all the love and happiness you've found... worth the wait? I would say so! You guys look darling together. The rest of your life... here you come!!

:) Andrea

Keith and Jamie said...

How wonderful!!! I am so excited for you!!! You guys ate just too adorable...love,love, LOVE the picture! You ring finger is slightly heavier now!
YYYEEEESSSSS!!!!!

trublubyu said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! congratulations! that is the best news!

Keith and Jamie said...

That should be ARE...typing on an iPhone not the easiest, but iphone's are the best for blog stalking...I have been checking for an update ....ALL DAY! Finally!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!!! I'm awfully happy for you both.

I'm pretty sure this really is a match made in heaven. A power couple for sure. You two will accomplish many wonderful things.

Happy New Year!!!

Sandra said...

Joy, joy, joy! I love fairy tales and happy endings or beginnings.

And I can teach you how to cook. I have a blog for that.
http://sandrascookingcorner.blogspot.com
I just need some new ideas.

Tia said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you! (Even though I haven't met Jason yet...hint, hint...) :)

Amy said...

lol. You call that juice? My friend Aundrea is going to read this (are you there Aundrea?) and she's going to get all excited and squeal (am I right Aundrea?) and then she'll realize how great it is and she'll probably even cry for you (does it kill you how well I know you Aundrea?) and then she'll seriously consider adding her face to your friend box and think hard about whether that's too much commitment or not and if it means she loses her "stalking" status if you know she's here (she is).

I, on the other hand, just smiled to myself knowingly (I love that my mom fills me in on these things) and am positively THRILLED for you. (But you already knew that).

Did he officially ask? When is the big day? Where? Can we see the ring? Does the ring exist yet? Are we invited to the reception? Have you gone dress shopping yet? Did you sing "go-in to the chap-el and we're gon-na get ma-ar-ar-ried" yet? You should. It'll be fun.

Oh I love you. Congratulations!

Brynn said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to meet him. Does this mean you are moving? I must talk to you. I guess I will add my picture to your box even though you know I'm here. By the way, I want to see a close up of the ring. Did you pick it or did he?

Karen said...

Phew, it's finally out. (not like we couldn't see it coming or anything ;)
Congratulations you guys. That's so awesome! When's the big day?

Natalie Harris said...

God knew I needed the sweetest of miracles to present itself for someone MORE than deserving. I love you. I love you alot. Not sure about God's thinking in all the waiting and alone time for each of you...but too tired tonight to tackle that one...(like He is ever going to tell ME)
N

adrienzgirl said...

Yeah for Noelle! That is so exciting. People can say that they wish you two had found each other sooner, or why did you have to wait so long for love or whatever. BUT, I know that you both met in the right time for both of you. Any earlier and you might not have had the experiences that make you perfect for each other, or drawn you to the other, or whatever.

SOOOOOO, SOOOOOO, happy for you!

Leslie said...

wowzers! I'm so excited for you two!!! I had a feeling that was coming from your last few blog posts and I was getting antsy waiting. Congratulations!

Annie said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

I wish you a wonderful and blessing year. Hugs.

Mary said...

you look good together. Congrats!!!

Lani said...

whoooooooaaaaa!! WHERE have I BEEN!!
Congratulations!!! He sounds wonderful!
going to catch up on the details now:)

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Amy said...

Hi there! I know exactly what you mean on seeing them and knowing this is the one! I felt like I should let you know that that is how it was with me and Kenny. We finally got serious and then were engaged in 6 weeks and married in 6 weeks. I look back and think, what was I thinking???? When it is right it is right. Marriage has be a huge blessing to me. I love my wonderful husband, yes he is my Mr. Right! So, you are not alone!