Monday, February 15, 2010

What I've Been Up To

I'm sitting at Jason's desk bundled in one of his down coats. Monticello, the lovely town where Jason lives, is buried in snow. All I can see out of the office window is snow. Somehow that makes me feel colder.

Jason tells anyone who asks that I'm staying until Friday. I'm actually leaving tomorrow...I'm a busy girl and have a billion things to do.

The weekend has been full:

-I watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics with Jason's grandma...she's delightful...absolutely delightful. I wish all of you could spend an evening with her. She's a 91 year old bundle of energy and joy.

-We spent a day in Durango, Colorado where we snowshoed across a frozen lake, ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and did some shopping.

-Valentines Day included a delicious dinner with Jason's parents and grandma, a walk around town (I'm not kidding when I say the town is buried in snow), a blazing fire with logs that crackle, a heavenly foot massage, a bag full of goodness from Bath and Body Works, and ... some ... other stuff. Turns out Jason had ulterior motives when he gave me that foot massage.

-Today we made our way to Canyonlands National Park and hiked around a bit...climbed some fences, saw some pectoglyphs and dinosaur tracks...it's beautiful country.

-And now, at this moment, Jason is off in the other room playing the piano. It doesn't get much better.

Tomorrow I'll go back to reality but tonight looks promising...I think I'll get another blazing fire with crackling logs...and that makes me happy.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Dang girl! Livin' the sweet life!

It sounds like you're having a great time... good for you!

Jamie said...

I was reminded of our valentine's day 10 years ago...scavenger hunt, flowers, evening out! Well, this year we did laundry, played with kids, taxes...and chocolate! After ten years...it does get BETTER? Just wait, because it is not about the stuff as it is being with the person who just gets you... Love is an AMAZING thing...

Amy said...

Mmmmm.....crackly fires. You're sure he's coming to you and that you don't get to live in Monticello, right?

The Boob Nazi said...

I'm so glad I'm not in the snow. Meh

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Jaime got it right. Love is an AMAZING thing.

Glad you found it.