Monday, March 22, 2010

Blackmail

My brother Ben asked me a question a few minutes ago.

"Noelle, is that one girl who works here dating that one guy who also works here?"

I responded by saying, "No they broke up. I think her dad made her break up with him."

"They don't look very broken up," Ben said.

And with that I got up from my desk and walked into the other room where we (Ben, Travis, myself and a guy named Randy) watched them from the window.

We were waiting for the kiss but it never came...instead we critiqued their flirting style.

Travis and Randy are bachelors. They have been around the block a few times.

They rated 'his' flirting as very high school-ish. They thought she was just being silly.

Ben took pictures. "I can use this as blackmail at some point."

Randy said, "How do you know they broke up?"

I said, "She was depressed about it on Facebook for at least a month."

We watched them for a good 15 minutes.

I'm thinking we should be more productive.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm sure you are all exceptionally productive. However, one requires the occasional break. Don't be too hard on yourselves. Besides, observing the spring flirting habits of the species is so much fun!

Megan said...

how delightful... I love nothing more than to watch people flirting

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I'm glad your back! (Baby Sister did a great job.)

Delightful indeed. How old are these people? It's my favorite when they are older...and act younger.

Ain't love grand?!

The Warrior in ME said...

Oh no! Don't be productive if you don't think that is what you're being now. You come up with such fun blog feed- i love it!

p.s. i wish i was looking at what you were looking at. Never had the chance to- sigh.

p.p.s. Praise the Lord the girl's father wasn't looking at what you were looking at!

Sandra said...

Sure sign of spring- twitterpation.

Tia said...

Can I come work with you?

Bossy Betty said...

I've spent quite a bit of time doing similar things. I figure it's cheap therapy!

The Warrior in ME said...

Hahaha- cheap therapy made me laugh out LOUD!!