Friday, March 12, 2010

Don't Ask Me Why I Don't Sleep

Here it is...12:45am...and I'm sitting at my mom's kitchen table eating a bowl of Lucky Charms.

I was hungry.

My parents are asleep in their room, Amanda (Baby Sister) is asleep in her room, my sister Tiffany is asleep on one couch, and in a few minutes I will be asleep on the other couch.

Today has been a day full of last minute preparations, phone calls and messages from friends sending their love and best wishes, and pedicures and manicures with my mom and my sisters.

I got a text from one of my dear friends that said, "The eagle has landed. I'll see you tomorrow!"

She flew in from Las Vegas.

As I told my mom about the text I got a little teary eyed.

In a few hours from now I will be surrounded by most of the people that I love the very most. It will likely be the only time in my life that that will happen, and I can't help but be emotional.

My sister-in-law...who I love like a sister...called me tonight and reminded me of
this post.

"Remember how this all started? You wanted good stories..."

And you know...she's right. I wanted good stories. But I never dreamed I would find a story with this kind of ending.

People tell Jason all the time that he's a lucky guy.

But really...I'm the lucky girl...and I'll thank God forever for His plan.

9 comments:

The Warrior in ME said...

This eagle wants to land too! (incredibly cute message that!)

Noelle- i keep trying to refrain from romantic stuff and you're throwing it at me, by truckloads. VERY CUTE story behind the romance. I'm so reminded of my favorite movie "You've got Mail" :)

Haha! To think you actually dragged this upto a wedding- woohoo! You guys are too cute.

Go catch some sleep. Never sleep hungry- one rule i follow too.

You're allowed to get emotional, look hot AND make your day as memorable as possible.

A bear hug. Sleep well :)

Tiffany said...

It's 2:00 am and I'm eating my dinner at work here in the ICU. My patient is stable and now finally asleep. I thought I'd check to see if you had any last words as a single lady. Fun for me! You do!!Sorry about the insomnia... hopefully you've gone back to bed by now. You don't want to look like an old night shift nurse at your own wedding!
This is a tender time. Lots of sweet emotions to be sure.
I'll be there tonight with my bloodshot eyes and happy heart. :)

Sam said...

Aww, I like this post! I hope you have a fantastic day. You deserve it! :)

Amy said...

It's going to be a beautiful day. And I'll be thinking of you.

Congrats Mrs. Jason (what's your new last name? Wait, are you changing your name? I just realized we don't know much about Jason (like his name) or about you (like if you're gonna be all liberal and keep yours, or hyphenate or change it to Johnson just for fun....) who wouldda thought with all these posts we'd be so clueless!)

Bossy Betty said...

Hope you had a wonderful memory-filled day!

Sandra said...

Such an exciting day for you and Jason. Looking forward to giving you congratulations in person tonight.

Sam said...

p.s. I know you're busy with getting married and all (unless you're done now :p), but for whenever you're back, I left you some love over at my blog!

http://www.thislifeisbeautiful.com/2010/03/something-about-saturdays.html

it's a super long post, feel free to skip right to the bottom, haha.

The Warrior in ME said...

Noelle AND Jason!

CONGRATULATIONS :)
Hope you're both feeling great and having a lot of fun.

Enjoy yourselves!

Loralee and the gang... said...

Happy Wedding Day! I'm sure it was glorious!