Friday, March 5, 2010

A Letter

To Whom It May Concern at the United States Postal Service,

I heard on the news the other night that you are struggling financially. I'm not trying to be rude (quoting my friend Simon Cowell) but I can kind of understand why. Normally I'm a fan - I like your stamps and I prefer to send cards and letters rather than emails. But you and I have issues.

Remember when I visited a few months ago and you gave me an address, a zip code, and a mailbox key? And remember when I talked face to face with the woman who is supposed to deliver my mail? I thought we had resolved our concerns that day.

I don't understand how things have gotten so out of hand since then. YOU gave me my mailbox, and now YOU return my mail to the sender saying "mailbox does not exist." You haggle with my friends over the zip code that YOU gave me, and overall you are making me CRAZY!

Do you know that I'm getting married in 8 days? 8 DAYS! I have friends who probably want to send me cards of a congratulatory nature - maybe even a gift or two. My husband to be is having some things shipped to our house. What are you going to do? Return them? Keep them - like you did my birthday gift from Fawcett? (But that is for another letter, another time.) I'm losing faith, I really am.

I don't know what else to do but call for a meeting with the Post Master General. Maybe he (or is she a woman?) can help me resolve my concerns.

Very sincerely yours,

A disgruntled customer.

7 comments:

The Warrior in ME said...

Getting married in 8 DAYS!! Yay! (clapping hands) Woohoo!

They returned your mail? They even STOLE it? Kill them. You haven't already??

Go set a meeting. You really don't want the wedding gifts to do a disappearing act. I love gifts!

Riding the Roller Coaster said...

Happy Friday Follow! I'm your newest follower. Nice to meet you! Have a great weekend, and I hope you can come visit me soon!

http://militaryspouserollercoasterride.blogspot.com/

Dominguez Family said...

I have found that "greasing" the mailperson helps. For instance, I always make a jar of jam in the summer, a nice plate of cookies at Chrismas, and a general "hi, how ya doin?" when I happen upon them.

Jessica said...

LOL- I feel your pain! I live in a small town that is within the bounds of another town, so my zip code always comes up as the bigger city.
I have no idea how that happened, but trying to buy ANYTHING online is impossible, because my zip codes NEVER match my billing.
Go figure.
new friday follower

Erin @ I Should Be Studying.... said...

Found you through Friday Follow at Trendy Treehouse!!

Erin
http://erinminusguidedogs.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Now that is frustrating! And we hear the term going postal often!!~ Following you from the Friday follow hop! Hope to see you soon!~

The Boob Nazi said...

I hate the post office.