Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Little Something

It rained on our wedding day. And the rain turned to snow. And it was beautiful.

I have thought a lot about that day and there is one thing that overwhelms me again and again:

The people that I love...hundreds of people...drove through the storm, and stood in a ridiculously long line to wish us well.

I would look up from time to time and my eyes would fill with tears at the sight of friends I haven't seen in years...men and women who have influenced my life in such positive ways.

One of my dearest friends...someone I haven't seen in well over 8 years...flew from Seattle to be there. When I saw him standing in line I was overcome with emotion. I didn't know he was coming. I had a chance to talk with him and told him how much I appreciated his friendship. I gave him a hug and told him he was one of the best friends I have ever had. His eyes filled with tears and he said, "You too Platt...you too."

To feel love...in any form...is a blessing...and the day of our wedding was full of it.

11 comments:

Sandra said...

It truly was a beautiful day. I was out shopping when it was raining and I was thinking that even the heavens were weeping with joy for Noelle and Jason.

Loralee and the gang... said...

I am so glad that you had a wonderful wedding experince! And the precious people who support you are always the cornerstone of those experiences...

The Warrior in ME said...

Hey! there you are! Yay! You're back :)

I'm so happy that you have so many people to love you/care for you. Wedding day sounds very blissful!

"You too Platt...you too" was one awww moment- very cute!

I'm beaming to just hear you.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! So now you know how much you really are loved. Don't forget, because it really DOES matter. Remind yourself often and don't sell yourself short. You really are so precious! I'm going to try to remember that I am loved, too.
oxo

aynzan said...

Here's wishing you a blissful wedded life!

Tami said...

You know, we had the same experience on our wedding day and it was in May. It was so cold and stormy and I was amazed at how many people came. You really know how much you are loved when that happens. I needed to be somewhere else that day- I am sorry. I love you and can't wait to meet Jason!

Margaret said...

You can add to all those people, who were able to come to your beautiful wedding, the ones who love you so much and couldn't come. We had to go to Washington for a family event, but J called as soon as we got home to tell us how beautiful you and your day were. We are so happy for you both, Noelle, and plan to make a trip down and meet Jason. May God bless your life together!

Tiffany said...

If we could always remember those days where we feel overwhelmingly loved... what a gift.

What a great start to a wonderful marriage!!

p.s. Welcome home :)

Kristie said...

Better to find out at your wedding, than at your funeral! :)
XOXO

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Ha! Love Kristie's comment. So true...so true.

And I promised Esquebel that were coming to Seattle so....

Road Trip!

Christina said...

I'm so glad you had the perfect wedding. You looked gorgeous!