Monday, March 1, 2010

What I've Been Thinking About

A friend of mine told me that she doesn't read my blog as much as she used to. Her reasoning:

"Ever since you got engaged it's just become so cheesy!" Now, in defense of my friend, she really doesn't do cheese...never has. So while the inclination might be to feel bad, I just square my shoulders and think to myself, "It's okay, I have other friends who like the cheese" ... this post is for you, those who like the cheese.

I have really cool windows in my living room. I can lay on the floor and star gaze and still be comfortable. I can watch the moon move across the sky, all from the comforts of my couch, and in the mornings the sun shines through the windows, warming my heart and my cold feet at the same time. Even if given the option, I wouldn't put blinds in those windows.

Last night was a full moon. It was beautiful. Jason and I sat enjoying that full moon as we talked about finances and what our budget would look like. It's possible to be practical and romantic at the same time.

Truth be told? I didn't think I would ever get married. I had mentally reached the stage where I was okay with not getting married. I've had a good life: amazing adventures, friends who are as close as family, a good job, my dream car...and I was content with that. I was ready to be content with that for the rest of my life. And I would have been happy.

But as I looked up at that full moon, with Jason next to me telling me that he loved me, I was so grateful that God had a different plan for my life...

(And it's an added bonus that I think he's hot...)


17 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cheese away my dear, cheese away.

Isn't it great that the plan is hidden from us much of the time? Life could get mighty boring if it weren't.

...and yay for romantic discussions of fiscal responsibility!

Jessica said...

98 followers who like cheese can't be wrong. ;)

CRAZYMOM said...

"Hot" will take you a long way, believe me. Sometimes when I am mad at Superman, I just have to smile because that man is gorgeous! LOL

PS. We've been married over 13 years so far.

Leslie said...

I'm all for cheese. You can't talk about love and marriage and all the great stuff that goes with that and not have a little cheese. Keep it coming!

Adoption of Jane said...

Lookin' at the pic it seems ya got sumfin' to be cheezy about!!

Annie said...

Love the practical and romantic at the same time.

Have a nice week.

The warrior in me said...

Love the cheesy part! So, go on- you make us all feel good!

My friend, who got engaged 2 months back, doesn't read my blog much. Don't bother. (I used to bother earlier, but now i think- so cool! i get to be anonymous coz only two people in the whole wide world, who know me, know my blog!! I soooo love it!)

Loralee and the gang... said...

If this is cheese, then I love it! (and he IS hot!)
and don't worry, often I momentarily can't remember the name of the item I am talking about (yesterday it was marshmallows) and always call my kids by another's name - but I'm only 45. I think that it has more to do with having so much on my mind than losing it.
I hope.

Tristi said...

Cheese is good. I enjoy cheese.

Sam said...

Extra cheese, please!

Jamie said...

Hey...My Hubby wants to know if Jason is a firefighter or did he gank that sweatshirt off someone...sorry, typed exactly what he said...he has his own language.

Little sister said...

Sorry, I just really can't imagine you calling anyone hot... ;)

Karen said...

I'm soooo glad that God had a different plan for you. You will love the adventures of marriage and family. It's a nice bonus to have a hot hubby too. ;)I couldn't be more excited for you. I don't even think of your story as cheese. It is the cherry on top of a big bowl of your favorite ice cream. :) Love you girl.

Camaree Staheli said...

I am dying to know who your friend is who feels you have "become so cheesy!"

Michelle said...

See, nothing wrong with cheese. Sounds like your house is a keeper too.

Dominguez Family said...

I promise to read your blog everyday and always be happy with cheese, or at least tell you I'm happy with it. ;-) LOL!!!

trublubyu said...

cheese is good. we have lots of cheese here. and i love the sentiments you expressed in this post.