Monday, April 12, 2010

Dear Dad,

It's just me...your daughter.
Remember when we went hiking together last Thanksgiving? Wasn't that delightful?

I can't believe after all of the memories we've made, you would still think I've been mocking you.

I have a healthy respect and admiration for your roadkill...I really do.

And that reference to Paul Bunyan? Geesh Dad, don't you know if I could meet anyone, anyone at all, it would be Paul Bunyan? I know they say he's a fictional character, but in my heart I've always believed he was real, and calling you Paul Bunyan, well that's like calling a regular old house rabbit the Easter Bunny. It's THAT big of a compliment.

I know you use all of that dead wood for really cool stuff...like fence posts and ... what other cool stuff do you use it for besides fence posts? I would NEVER mock that! NEVER!!!

Anyway...

I just want you to remember that I'm your biggest fan and that I love you.

I hope that you will still be willing to go hiking with me.

Love,

Your favorite daughter

(Oh...I know...Heather is really your favorite daughter...but I can hope...and pretend right?)


5 comments:

Sam said...

L.O.L. Hehee, love it!

Cheeseboy said...

Ha ha! Just read the roadkill post. What a cool guy.

Beth said...

I'm trying to decipher whether this post was written with humor or with pain. From the 2 reactions so far I assume it's humor. I hope so. If not ... I will remind you, as a parent, that we some times say things that we later regret.

Also as a parent ... I totally loved the favorite child line! Keep hope alive girlie! :)

Feeling Just Right said...

Ouch! Favorite daughter- i use that line on my mum!

I LOVE that picture. And Dear Noelle's Dad- if you're listening, we love the sound of you!

Bossy Betty said...

Such a nice letter to your Daddy@