Friday, April 9, 2010

Pennies, and Quarters, and Dimes...Oh My!

These lovely ladies came to visit me a few minutes ago.

They know I have a jar full of coins.

And they know that when they ask nicely, I'll give them a few.

I gave Gabi a quarter and she said, "Hey, it's George Washington!"

"How did you know that was George Washington?" I asked.

"Cause I know all the presidents."

"All of them?" I challenged.

"Yep."

So I googled Abraham Lincoln and pulled up a picture.

"Who is that?" I asked.

And Gabi said, "Ummm..." and Erika said, "Abraham Lincoln."

"Erika, did you know that or did you read that?"

"I read it," she said with a grin.

I pulled up a picture of Theodore Roosevelt and said, "Erika, don't read it."

"I can't...it's too hard," she said, "but that looks like Teddy Roosevelt."

"Did you read it?" I asked.

"No, I told you it's too hard, that's just who he looks like."

"Well you're right. That's who he is."

And while Erika clapped her hands for being right Gabi said this:

"You mean he's real??? Night at The Museum is REAL?"

And yours truly cracked up.

"That's how you knew him Erika?"

"Yeah," she said with a tone that said 'of course that's how I knew him.'

Silly me...of course that's how she knew him.


4 comments:

Feeling Just Right said...

This one cracked me up! I don't know whether it was the girls or that it sounds like you're so good with kids- very cute that!

Cheeseboy said...

LOL! That is so awesome. We talked about Amelia Earhart the other day in my first grade class and every single kid knew she flew airplanes because of Night At The Museum.

Bossy Betty said...

What a wonderful picture! Hey--at least she knew who TR was--I think that's impressive!

Tiffany said...

Sponges. Thats what their little brains are. Soaking up every bit of info that comes their way. If they see it or hear it, consider it stored.
Movie or not... they're smart! And cute too!