Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Post About Stuff

This morning at 1:40ish I was awake.
Wide awake.
With my husband sleeping soundly next to me.
Really soundly.
His head hits the pillow and he's out...not to be disturbed until sometime the next morning.
I can only dream of such things.
I got out of bed and wandered down the hallway and into my office.
I figured I would read some blogs...because what else is there to do at 1:40ish in the morning?
Some of you may have noticed that I'm not the world's greatest commenter.
If I don't feel I have anything to add to the post, I don't comment.
Last night I commented on a blog...and my verification word brought a snort, and an eye roll, and perhaps a few tears...because the irony of that word was nearly too much.
The word: ovary.
(Is that too much for the men who read my blog?)
And without going into any detail (because of the men who read my blog) all I'll say is I was awake at 1:40ish in the morning for several reasons...and the word ovary might have had something to do with it.

* * * * *

Last night Jason went to the rec center to play basketball while I went to dinner with a friend.
Thank you friend, for a lovely dinner and for being you!
I returned home and settled in on the couch with my favorite blanket (thank you Becca) and the remote control.
I had some NCIS to watch.
I was 15 minutes into the show when Jason came home.
He sat his sweaty self on the couch next to me and asked, "Do I stink?"
He didn't.
I was in awe as I watched what Jason ate for dinner:
3/4 of a bag of baby carrots
1/2 of a bag of sugar snap peas
red grapes
a few grape tomatoes
a handful of almonds
&
a large glass of orange juice
I suggested that perhaps his stomach would not appreciate his dinner choice later.
Hmm...
I'll have to ask him if I was right.

* * * * *

My uncle just called and said "Hello Mrs. Livingston."
And there was a pause...
and then this:
"I can't do it. Can I still just call you Noelle?"
Yes Uncle, because amazingly, that's still my name.

* * * * *

And speaking of my uncle...
he asked "How's married life?"
I said it was good.
And he said, "Well then, maybe I'll try it."
And I asked who he was going to try it with.
And he said, "Well, J, if she'll have me."
(He's been saying this for 4 years...I think that's how long they've been dating. She can't commit.)
And I said, "And on the huge chance that she won't?"
"Oh...there are a few crazy broads in my neighborhood. I will ask one of them."
"Just like that?" I asked.
"Just like that. No need to beat around the bush."
Crazy thing is...he would do it. I don't doubt it for a second.

* * * * *

As you can clearly see, there is no point to this post...so I will go back to what I have been doing now for three days:
Thank you cards
&
answering the telephone.
Oh...and Grandpa...(not my real grandpa, just my friend I call Grandpa)...
I know you read my blog.
Just sayin'...
And if you call me again on your way home from work, I'll answer...
unless I can't.

11 comments:

Feeling Just Right said...

The word "ovary" is disturbing. VERY. I wish i could delete it. Forever. My sympathies.

If Jason can eat that for life, i'd say he IS the perfect husband! You just wouldn't have to cook- lovely! Bless the man :)

Grandpa made me smile. I miss mine.

Tiffany said...

It seems there should be a way for a woman and her ovaries to come to an understanding that would be amenable to all parties. Seriously.

Oh the adjustment of living with a man. Sound sleepers, interesting dinner menus and plopping down, sweaty on the couch. I love that he asked you if he stinks! Very cute.

Tell that uncle of yours hello from me. He's a good man... hope he doesn't go the crazy broad route :)

CRAZYMOM said...

Hey! If they can say testicle, we can say ovary, huh?

LOL

I am not squeamish, as you may have noticed.

Joann Mannix said...

I am sorry for that reminder. Leave it in the hands of the Lord and good days will come.

Love your uncle. My husband's uncle is 85 and dating 4 women. He's an 85 year old playah. Props to him!

Cheeseboy said...

Ovary isn't too much. I went to that program in 5th grade where I learned about that stuff.

I just hope it wasn't my blog that gave you ovary.

Bossy Betty said...

Hope you get some GOOD sleep tonight!

Kimber said...

Thanks for a fun night! I loved catching up with you and meeting Jason. You are a fabulous amiga. Love yer guts!

Amy said...

LOL. Good luck ovarying.

I'm glad Jason knows how to eat raw food, and glad that you know how to answer your phone. Those are good things.

Marci said...

well miss noelle...you are still noelle to me too. i'm thinking that may have been gordon, i really like that guy.

here's the deal, because i was sick and couldn't come to your wedding which was one of the biggest, saddest things to me, i still have your gift. which is a gift certificate from my little place on the www. i would be happy to make you a pillow and whatever else you would like me to do for you. you let me know when and where you would like to exchange the pattern and what not and choose something off the website and we'll get going on it.

Venassa said...

Ovaries are a pain, kind of amusing that it was your verification word.

Your uncle sounds like someone I could easily love.

Kristie said...

One of my fav quotes from NY days...

"Satan has ovaries"