Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Warning: There Might Be Some Cheese

When my grandma was a young girl her brother was hit by lightning. The force knocked him clear across the room. My grandma was traumatized.

I remember my grandma driving us to the mall whenever a storm was coming. Inside the mall she couldn't hear the thunder or see the lightning. We would walk the mall for hours sometimes, waiting for the storm to pass.

One day my grandma was at our house during a storm and I was worried about her. I looked in every room for her and finally found her hiding in my brother's bedroom closet.

I didn't inherit the same fear. I love a good storm...the louder the better.

And I love a good storm even more when I am home, curled up under the blankets on my bed.

It started raining last night and when I woke up this morning it was still raining.

Rain usually means that work will be slow and so I took advantage and stayed in bed.

Jason was in and out of sleep and so I snuggled up next to him listening to his breathing and the rain hitting the windows. It was a perfect way to spend the morning.

When I finally dragged myself out of bed to get ready for work, I came downstairs to see Jason packing a lunch for me. He had filled a thermos full of warm soup, among other things. And when I told him I was going to be working outside in the rain he brought me a waterproof jacket to wear.

As I got in my car he said, "I love you." I said "I love you" back and as I pulled out of the garage I had tears in my eyes. Because it's true...I love him...and I'll be forever grateful that I put God in charge of my life a long time ago...His plan was so much better than my own.

8 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

That is very sweet.

And no worries, Cheeseboy likes the cheese.

cfoxes33 said...

What a great post!

The other day we were out and about and a huge lightning crossed the sky in a jagged line. My daughter looked at me and said, "Aww, I wasn't ready!" She thought God was trying to take her picture!

Bon said...

I loved this! :)
And know exactly how you feel! I especially love your last line, and I couldn't have put it better myself...

Joann Mannix said...

I love cheese.

That was beautiful. It kind of reminds me of my post today about my hubs. You, there on the threshold and me halfway down the path. We are blessed to have such good men.

Jamie said...

Yea jason!!! the tears are just your heart overflowing with love. I love Keith that much too!!!

Dominguez Family said...

I saw the warning and I read it anyway. You were right about the cheese. It was also very nice. ;-)

Feeling Just Right said...

Wow. That made me teary. Hugs. (I don't love that i'm not blogging as regularly as i used to, but i promise to keep reading your posts every once in a way and to stay updated. You know i love them!)

Feeling Just Right said...

p.s. Cheese makes me wonder- did they add 't' to diet just to con us? Just asking.