Monday, May 24, 2010

Ahhh...Winter...

How I love you...

EXCEPT ON MAY 24th!!!

Really Mother Nature???



I followed a snow plow to work.

A snow plow people.

What the _____?

I'll have to let you fill in the blank because I can't.

My mom reads my blog after all and that mother of mine...she's kind of sensitive.

And I'm not sure that I'm ready for my husband to find out that he married a girl who might on occasion have a small tendency to curse.

One time at Sunday dinner one of my siblings was telling a story about someone. The story required quoting something the person said but my sibling said, "I can't say what they said though."

Another sibling said, "Oh just get Noelle to say it, she doesn't have a problem using that kind of language."

They think their hilarious those siblings of mine.

But that's not the point of this story.

The point is I followed a snow plow to work.

My cousin came into the office this morning dripping wet.

He's who I should have taken the picture of.

"What are you doing?" Ben asked Travis.

"Someone's got to knock the snow off all of the trees."

And it's true, someone does. Poor trees. Poor Travis.

We're trying to see the bright side of things.

Here's something:

If someones tree snaps in half because of the weight of the snow that means they have to buy a new one. And if they have to buy a new one chances are they'll buy it from us. (Unless of course all of our trees have broken branches too.)

My sister called me this morning and said, "How are we going to handle our warranty now?"

Because you can bet someone will come in during the next 48 hours and say, "My tomatoes died. Are you going to replace them for me?"

I suggested that she kindly tell people that we are not responsible for freaks of nature.

I'll probably be joining my cousin here in a few minutes...

...after I find my bright yellow rain pants...

But wait...

...he just came in...

Maybe I WON'T be joining him because then I'll look like this:

Stupid snow.

16 comments:

cathyjoy said...

okay...so maybe i won't complain about the freakin' wind that is blowing siberian elm seeds all over my gorgeous green grass!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I live in the fine state of Utah also, and woke up to the white fluffy stuff. Took pictures and posted them on my fb page. What the Hell. (hell cuz I don't want to offend your mothers eyes).

Sam said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I can't even imagine.

WHERE the heck do you live? (Sorry if I should already know this! =/)

TesoriTrovati said...

Where in the world do you live? Today in central Wisconsin, home of all things deep freeze, it is 90 degrees (in the shade). The heat index is around 100. (But there is still that pile of snow on the local snowhill defying the odds that anyone who bid on this date in the snowmelt contest - yea, we have those here - will actually win. Maybe tomorrow.)
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Heather said...

IN May! Unfathomable.

I am sunburned and you are freezing.

You are welcome to visit.

Tia said...

I'm with ya. Mow the lawn on Thursday, shovel the driveway on Monday. Welcom to spring in Utah! :)

Feeling Just Right said...

You guys have so much snow! Why? I'm not asking Mother Nature to replace my 38 degrees with that, but i'm sure she could do something to level those two figures. Maybe.

Hope the plants don't die.

p.s. you're making me better my language.

Morning hugs from sleepy Joe here.

Joann Mannix said...

Oh, it makes me cold just looking at it! I love my Florida!

I hope your plant babies stay safe and sound.

Julie said...

Okay, that is so weird. I live in Minnesota and that is our kind of weather this time of yer. Today for us it's 88* and very humid because of the thunderstorms yesterday. WOW, snow.
Thank you for sharing.
Take care and God Bless!!

adrienzgirl said...

Oh my! It's in the 90s here already.

Amy said...

Listen, it's not my place to judge, but cousin kinda looks happy - maybe I don't have to feel bad for him anymore?

Also, I'm shocked that you curse. Seriously. Shocked.

Also, when CAN I plant my tomatoes? I've always lived by "mothers day is the safe day" rule.....this year that rule is stupid.

-stephanie- said...

Oooo not good. We're melting today with 90 degree weather.

Amber said...

OMG it was soo hot here today! I can't believe it snowed at the end of may! lol

~Brat'S~ Brag'N ~on~ Blog'ER~ said...

Gotta love UTAH weather!
This weather is making us all nuts!
Come by to read pint and seen this one!

Venassa said...

I saw snow on the weather channel, and couldn't believe it. Usually its us, but we've had beach weather lately.

Annoying freak weather.

Loralee and the gang... said...

Yeah, we got a little frost up here in north Idaho.
We covered our tomatoes and peppers, but a few didn't make it anyway. What's up with this freak weather, anyway? In February we had spring, and now in May, back to winter. What's up with that?
And I wouldn't expect you to honor the plant warranty. That's unreasonable. But I'm sure you'll have a few knotheads who'll ask...